The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oilers have to resign RNH, Barrie, Larrsson and find a solution to their goaltending issue.... they may be a little cap strung per say (yes I know we are too)...

Canucks trade Lind, 2021 2nd and 3rd pick for Ethan Bear and the rights for Jujhar Khaira (local boy, bottom 6, was waived at the beginning of last season).

• RoughGame 2

I appreciate the attempt but certainly no.

Lind will be a roster player this year or next and we need to quit trading picks like they were candy. This is the Canucks future we are talking about after all and it is these kinds of assets that are needed to build depth that builds dynasties.

Khaira may well be available again on waivers if we even want him at all and Bear is a warrior but is Bear-ly worth a whole lot in my books as he is a bit unproven as a full time NHL'er.

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1

Why don’t we keep our assets, and use them to get good players?  Bear and Kiara are two guys teams find on the waiver wire.  

• Like 1
  • Hydration 3

If we could trade for Khaira's rights with Jake or one of our vets or someone like Michaelis then sure.  Until then no thanks since (as others mentioned) he already made it through waivers.

Rather trade assets like that for a difference making player or better yet develop them (e.g. Lind as 4th C with Beagle out).

Edited by Phil_314

While I do like the players you're talking about, I also really think that we'd be better off keeping Lind and watching him graduate to a fixture on our team for years to come.  We have one more year of financial cap hell to go thru, and our moves must be shrewd, thrifty, and with an eye towards the future, without selling off assets we surely need.  And at the same time, it helps us to limit our helping of a rival team in their struggles.  Eriksson will be waived, saving us 1 million, and we can do the same with Roussel and Beagle if necessary.  Ferland is basically in the same boat as Dorsett was after his injury.  If we're lucky, Seattle takes one of either Myers or Holtby, which will allow us to make some further moves.  But we shouldn't be trading for pieces that aren't long term acquisition from our relatively shallow but effective prospect pool.  Especially to put people in the way of our own prospects graduating onto our own team.

The only deal I want to do with the Oilers is Stalock for a late round pick (5/6/7th). Then we can buy out Holtby as backup and free up about $3.5m in cap space, which could be turned into a Blake Coleman...

On 6/20/2021 at 11:59 AM, PunjabiCanucks said:

Oilers have to resign RNH, Barrie, Larrsson and find a solution to their goaltending issue.... they may be a little cap strung per say (yes I know we are too)...

Canucks trade Lind, 2021 2nd and 3rd pick for Ethan Bear and the rights for Jujhar Khaira (local boy, bottom 6, was waived at the beginning of last season).

Not a fan of Bear he reminds me of a Stecher type bottom pairing D who gets slaughtered in a top 4 role.

If we don't trade for Sam I would be ok with RNH (depending on contract) on Horvat's line, I think that line really needs a playmaker to compliment Bo and Pearson or Whoever plays LW.

Adam Larsson is someone I think would be a great fit next to Quinn.