The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] JT Brown announces retirement, will become a TV colour analyst for Kraken

Rate this topic

Exciting news for JT Brown! He was a solid energy third-liner on the Bolts for a while and then his career finished off with him being a journeyman for a few organizations. Good luck to JT and congrats on the next step in your hockey life.

7 minutes ago, Harvey Specter said:

Exciting news for JT Brown! He was a solid energy third-liner on the Bolts for a while and then his career finished off with him being a journeyman for a few organizations. Good luck to JT and congrats on the next step in your hockey life.

So they had a monopoly on the JT's!  

23 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Was this an expected thing?

I mean, when does a 30 year old playing in Sweden ever just retire and then immediately become a tv color analyst for a team he has never played for? 

In fairness, nobody has ever played for the Kraken before.

• Hydration 4

Does that mean during the play or in intermission? I'm surprised a guy with no broadcast or live performance experience would get a shot like that (unless he has the experience and I just don't know)

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Does that mean during the play or in intermission? I'm surprised a guy with no broadcast or live performance experience would get a shot like that (unless he has the experience and I just don't know)

He was one of the first NHLers to embrace Twitch. And has a decent following there.

He is one of the first NHLers to turn his social media presence into an On Camera NHL job. Good for him. Especially since he wasn’t a star NHLer in his career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Quantum said:

He was one of the first NHLers to embrace Twitch. And has a decent following there.

He is one of the first NHLers to turn his social media presence into an On Camera NHL job. Good for him. Especially since he wasn’t a star NHLer in his career.

Ah yeah, if he's done a decent amount of Twitch streaming, that will be great experience to springboard off of.

Happy for Brown. 

Hiring a person of colour is a big deal, because there aren’t many peoples of colours in sports radio/tv/analyst, etc. It’s a predominantly white representation. We need more diversity in this regards. So this is actually good news. I’m happy for Brown. 

With that being said.

&^@# SEATTLE.