Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] JT Brown announces retirement, will become a TV colour analyst for Kraken

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Exciting news for JT Brown! He was a solid energy third-liner on the Bolts for a while and then his career finished off with him being a journeyman for a few organizations. Good luck to JT and congrats on the next step in your hockey life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Harvey Specter said:

Exciting news for JT Brown! He was a solid energy third-liner on the Bolts for a while and then his career finished off with him being a journeyman for a few organizations. Good luck to JT and congrats on the next step in your hockey life.

So they had a monopoly on the JT's!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Was this an expected thing?

 

I mean, when does a 30 year old playing in Sweden ever just retire and then immediately become a tv color analyst for a team he has never played for? 

 

 

In fairness, nobody has ever played for the Kraken before.

  • Hydration 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does that mean during the play or in intermission? I'm surprised a guy with no broadcast or live performance experience would get a shot like that (unless he has the experience and I just don't know)

  • Hydration 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Does that mean during the play or in intermission? I'm surprised a guy with no broadcast or live performance experience would get a shot like that (unless he has the experience and I just don't know)

He was one of the first NHLers to embrace Twitch. And has a decent following there.

 

He is one of the first NHLers to turn his social media presence into an On Camera NHL job. Good for him. Especially since he wasn’t a star NHLer in his career.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Quantum said:

He was one of the first NHLers to embrace Twitch. And has a decent following there.

 

He is one of the first NHLers to turn his social media presence into an On Camera NHL job. Good for him. Especially since he wasn’t a star NHLer in his career.

Ah yeah, if he's done a decent amount of Twitch streaming, that will be great experience to springboard off of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy for Brown. 

 

Hiring a person of colour is a big deal, because there aren’t many peoples of colours in sports radio/tv/analyst, etc. It’s a predominantly white representation. We need more diversity in this regards. So this is actually good news. I’m happy for Brown. 

 

With that being said.

&^@# SEATTLE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...