Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

Just now, HKSR said:

What do the Senators gain from moving up 1 spot?  Instead of a guy like McTavish, they might get a shot at Johnson?  Would that make a difference for the Sens?  They could probably just trade Tierney for something else and save cap and money altogether rather than take on LE and only move up one spot lol

Well maybe we should trade a 4th rounder for him. Moving up even one spot can be huge for a team depending on who they have as BPA

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Well maybe we should trade a 4th rounder for him. Moving up even one spot can be huge for a team depending on who they have as BPA

I'm not opposed to acquiring Tierney... I think he would be an excellent addition.  I just don't think dumping LE on Ottawa is gonna work when most experts believe it would take a 1st round pick to move LE out of here.

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Everyone in ottawa knows tierney is on his way out tho. 

is there a reliable source for this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I'm not opposed to acquiring Tierney... I think he would be an excellent addition.  I just don't think dumping LE on Ottawa is gonna work when most experts believe it would take a 1st round pick to move LE out of here.

Im really liking the thought of tiereny and zub for a schmidt deal. 5 years younger than schmidt, 6’2  right handed shot. Very interesting indeed. Not sure what ottawas LHD is like tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is there a reliable source for this?

Being a healthy scratch a lot at the end of the season is a good indicator. Also the fans from what im hearing wanna go younger 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Being a healthy scratch a lot at the end of the season is a good indicator.

but he played 55 games?

 

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

 

Also the fans from what im hearing wanna go younger 

well, fans want a lot of things.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but he played 55 games?

 

well, fans want a lot of things.

Oof damn i thought i heard that guess i was wrong oops. 
 

sounds like he will be unprotected in the ED tho so who knows

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/senators

 

Chabot

Mete 

not much else

 

If we could get a trade done without using our 9OA that would be pretty great. Owner is a cheapskate tho so dunno if he would wanna pay schmidts deal and who knows if nate would wanna go to ottawa but would love to work something out if we could. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OTT is still a year away most likely from truly competing in their division, but are close enough to be considered a bubble team.   Got to admire them a lot.   They didn't have a team stuck full of vets with NTC/NMC and pulled the plug on Stone, EK, Pageua, Zinbanejad, Duchene etc and got a kings ransom (as they should have) for doing so.   They have been excellent drafters for a long time and used that to their advantage.   Four years no playoffs matched ours...  it's entirely possible OTT becomes the cream of the crop for Canadian teams to aspire too, probably not next year but soon enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

OTT is still a year away most likely from truly competing in their division, but are close enough to be considered a bubble team.   Got to admire them a lot.   They didn't have a team stuck full of vets with NTC/NMC and pulled the plug on Stone, EK, Pageua, Zinbanejad, Duchene etc and got a kings ransom (as they should have) for doing so.   They have been excellent drafters for a long time and used that to their advantage.   Four years no playoffs matched ours...  it's entirely possible OTT becomes the cream of the crop for Canadian teams to aspire too, probably not next year but soon enough. 

Pfft i like the looks of our team a lot more than ottawas

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Pfft i like the looks of our team a lot more than ottawas

Wasn't saying they were better, but they for sure also look like an up and coming team, was pointing out the difference for them is they actually recycled assets, we couldn't.   Pageau, Stone, EK, Zibanejad, Hoffman (am i missing anyone?) brought them a massive bounty of picks to work with.   They have a very good young core, that's undeniable, maybe two years behind us as far as cycle goes, and still have a lot more on the way (where as we have some but nothing like what they have).    Comparing the two rebuilds isn't at all what i was doing, because we can't, would be like trading  the Sedins and Kesler and Luongo in 2008.    

 

Both teams have good young cores.  I'd had to think long and hard if we could swap teams and up coming picks.    

 

Edit:  IMO, is the difference between them and us, is they have a lot more young talent to work with although so far nothing as high as EP, debatable QHs vs Chabot.   Where we have a leg up is a critical position which is goaltending.   Where they have a leg up is pure quantity of cheap players.   Norris and Batherson etc... And a lot more in the pipe.   Also since i live near OTT i'm probably affected by the hype.   They are pretty convinced that TO is going down, as in the battle of ONT is back and this time, like last time, come post season OTT is getting ready to be the underdog and spoilers.   That sounds fun to me.   OTT is a strange building.   Doesn't seem to matter who I watch them play, a lot of enemy jerseys.    Canucks for example are always well represented.  So is WNP, so is EDM, CAL and of course TO - which is to be expected given old timers locals only had them to cheer for.    Then go to MTL ... it's like enemy territory there.  Habs habs habs habs .. Linden jersey maybe Odjick, maybe a few Sedins and Burrows that's it.   Probably see more Skate then Orca too.  

Edited by IBatch
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Oof damn i thought i heard that guess i was wrong oops. 
 

sounds like he will be unprotected in the ED tho so who knows

If hes going to be unprotected we need to try to get him for sure

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked a bit further into it Tierney's real salary is 4.2 and LE's is 3 with a 1 million signing bonus. So if this deal went down after the bonus is paid (presumably before the expansion draft), then Sens would save 1.2 real dollars while Van saves 2.5 cap.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm going by what the ottawa fans are saying on hf boards we could probably get him for a 4th rounder lmao

 

this is what they want their team to look like next year 

 

Tkachuk - Norris - Guenther (2021 draft) 
Stutzle - L. Brown - Batherson
Jarventie - White - Pinto
Formenton - Paul - Sokolov

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IBatch said:

OTT is still a year away most likely from truly competing in their division, but are close enough to be considered a bubble team.   Got to admire them a lot.   They didn't have a team stuck full of vets with NTC/NMC and pulled the plug on Stone, EK, Pageua, Zinbanejad, Duchene etc and got a kings ransom (as they should have) for doing so.   They have been excellent drafters for a long time and used that to their advantage.   Four years no playoffs matched ours...  it's entirely possible OTT becomes the cream of the crop for Canadian teams to aspire too, probably not next year but soon enough. 

From a hockey ops viewpoint I agree with you, but they have an owner who has shown no indication of being willing to spend any money to make them a contender. I expect they remain a "NHL farm team" for the wealthier markets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2021 at 6:23 PM, Bertuzzipunch said:

To vancouver

 

Tierney

Dadonov

10OA

 

To Ottawa

 

Erikkson 

Beagle 

9OA

While Ottawa would laugh and fart in the receiver at this proposal (before hanging up the phone), the idea of using the 9th as a sweetener to move Eriksson and Beagle does intrigue me......a lot.   If using that freed up 9 million allowed to go HARD after Hamilton OR Danault+, it could definitely be worth it.  
 

Personally, I’d go Danault + Larsson at 6 million each.  (Virtanen buyout would give us an another 2.5 million extra).

 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Roussel-Danault-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-MacEwen

 

Hughes-Larsson

Rathbone-Schmidt 

Juolevi-Myers

 

Demko

Holtby

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

While Ottawa would laugh and fart in the receiver at this proposal (before hanging up the phone), the idea of using the 9th as a sweetener to move Eriksson and Beagle does intrigue me......a lot.   If using that freed up 9 million allowed to go HARD after Hamilton OR Danault+, it could definitely be worth it.  
 

Personally, I’d go Danault + Larsson at 6 million each.  (Virtanen buyout would give us an another 2.5 million extra).

 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander

Roussel-Danault-Podkolzin

Motte-Graovich-MacEwen

 

Hughes-Larsson

Rathbone-Schmidt 

Juolevi-Myers

 

Demko

Holtby

Ottawas owner is a cheap moron and no way he wants to pay tiereny 4.2 mill next season when hes not really in their plans anymore and if seattle dont take him off their hands im pretty positive he could be cheap to have. So taking erikkson he would only need to pay 3 mill but would open up 2.5 of cap for us. I bet we could get him for a 4th or 5th rounder if noone else is interested in him. Saving 1.2 is kinda big savings for a team like ottawa.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...