The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik and Daniel Sedin named Special Advisors to General Manager

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

And have “important voices” in all aspects of the cub.  That’s key for me.  The Twins will be listened to.  

Class, common sense, zero ego, a love for the city and team, respect of piers - all good things and absolutely they should be listened to. I have a feeling the fact that the twins were never able to bring a cup to Vancouver will only drive them more to bring one here in another way. 

Listening more, this could be real good. It almost sounds like they'll be the go-between the coaching staff and players to the GM. Awesome that they want to get to know the team, the players, and see if they have that trust in each other to take them to the Promiseland. This will improve the room big time, if there are issues that is. Losing Tanev was a big loss. They brought in Holtby and his turtles to replace Marky, and then the energetic joker Schmidt. Hamonic became Hughes' new D partner. Miller was a miserable SOB all season. The room changed I think. Sedins will change it back.  

• RoughGame 1

Hope you noticed the comments about winning your matchup vs getting points + the young players have to take a step each year... That's how you win .

Wish I wouldn't have to go there but peple are seriously still thinking the twins are the sole reason Boston turned that series around? The rest of the team did their part in the last 3 games right?

Edited by J-P
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

Seconding that congratulations!

The net gain of simply adding more voices with NHL experience is a bonus.  That JB will at least have to hear, and pretend to listen to. For that reason alone I'm in favour.  Of course its yet another add of the long line "rookie" execs, from Gillis on, so as not to intimidate the owners into feeling they are not free to wade in on decisions. Its thrilling for Hank and Danny, and I'm happy for them.  But how much influence will they have? How much should they have? We'll see.

If Bieksa had written that as an autonomous poster on here, he'd get a few paper bags from the bleeding hearts I'm sure.  If you read between the lines its a bit of a jab that that part of player evaluation may be a blind spot for them.  And JB made it clear, although he also praised Linden in much the same way, that they would be involved in the draft, pro scouting, and FA signings.  Great, especially for their Swedish player connections.  But their definition of toughness is how many cross checks and punches you can take....and skate away. We need the other kind of toughness too. And with their stressing about helping shape the "culture" of the team doesn't that make anyone a tiny bit nervous?  I'm sure they had a big say in advocating to sign LE.  Not a player in the mold of what had worked best as their winger in Burr, and the style of what works on other teams 1st line too like a Gallagher, but a soft, (supposedly skilled) forward.

Its a further move towards the Swedification of the Canucks.  Reminds me of some teams on the East Coast of the US that have attracted a strong Russian core.  Its becoming an attractive place for Swedish, and other Nordic nation players.  A lot because of who else was, and is, here, and helped create a welcome community.  Which isn't a bad thing at all. Especially if that attracts the cream of the crop from that area of the world. Its a positive move for sure. 

Edited by kilgore