The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik and Daniel Sedin named Special Advisors to General Manager

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I wonder when we will see a woman or a person of colour in any senior management roles.  I am neither of those and think it is a long time coming. 
That being said I think the Sedins are a great addition. Professional, hard working smart career hockey guys. 

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

I wonder when we will see a woman or a person of colour in any senior management roles.  I am neither of those and think it is a long time coming. 
That being said I think the Sedins are a great addition. Professional, hard working smart career hockey guys. 

The Sedin Sisters don't count?

:bigblush:

I'M KIDDING FOLKS!

BAD KILGORE, BAD!

28 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Aquilini being a meddling owner is not exactly a secret in the sports world. Vancouver fans choose not to believe that where there is dmoke there is fire and thats fine too.

a lot of owners are so called meddling, the Bruins owner for one has his say about the team

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, bree2 said:

a lot of owners are so called meddling, the Bruins owner for one has his say about the team

All owners are "meddling" to some degree. I mean, its their business after all. Some, like Aquilini, Melnyk, and Dolan are seen as owners who force hockey ops decisions on executives with little reciprocal input prior to decisions being finalized.

So happy about this, they just bring so much to the table. So refreshing to hear something other than a load of contradictions or excuses coming from management. Straight talk about hockey fundamentals. I love it, exactly what this team needs.

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Aquilini being a meddling owner is not exactly a secret in the sports world. Vancouver fans choose not to believe that where there is dmoke there is fire and thats fine too.

ok champ. Why don't you actually post some proof? anyone can say anything about their experience, so how about you prove it? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, J-P said:

Agree. What I tried to highlight in my post is that the twins - while being fair and humble - are a lot tougher in their attitude than many realize, I would guess a lot tougher than Green for instance. But you're definitely right doing it on the ice and in the locker room are different things vs getting it done in management or coaching. Let's see how it plays out, I think this setup with the advisor roles is the sweet spot between big upside and low risk. 

That said - I would be very surprised if the twins don't excel...

Good point; I really hope they both become the Canucks version of Sakic for the AV's or Yzerman for Detroit & so on; and a no brainer move for Aquaman with alot of (potential) benefit.   

Would be interesting, that two people filling two separate roles and both can just naturally work together without the DRAMA that comes with working with somebody.