The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik and Daniel Sedin named Special Advisors to General Manager

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I wonder when we will see a woman or a person of colour in any senior management roles.  I am neither of those and think it is a long time coming. 
That being said I think the Sedins are a great addition. Professional, hard working smart career hockey guys. 

Seattle has a female president I believe. 

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

All owners are "meddling" to some degree. I mean, its their business after all. Some, like Aquilini, Melnyk, and Dolan are seen as owners who force hockey ops decisions on executives with little reciprocal input prior to decisions being finalized.

sorry , we are lucky to have the Aquilinis as owners of the Canucks, they always spend to the max and they care about the players

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

57 minutes ago, bree2 said:

sorry , we are lucky to have the Aquilinis as owners of the Canucks, they always spend to the max and they care about the players

We are lucky to have the Aquilinis as owners in many ways. They spend to the cap. I dont think they care for the players more or less than any other owner does and thats an unprovable claim anyway.

They also cheap out on the front office a lot in the Benning era and force decisions on the hockey people, both which unnecessarily hurt results.

• RoughGame 1

16 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Imac interviewed today on 650 and said this was ALL Jim Benning's doing.  He's the one who's been leading the charge on bringing them on board...having the conversations with them, etc.

That's good to hear. Having the Sedins around can only bring good things. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

Did they spend to the max? Not sure they did? They might have spent well below?

Edited by Chris12345

45 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Imac interviewed today on 650 and said this was ALL Jim Benning's doing.  He's the one who's been leading the charge on bringing them on board...having the conversations with them, etc.

Thanks Deb… unfortunately the folks with negative agendas are not interested in the truth, which So many posts in thread bear withness to…. 
How anyone can be unhappy about the two most decorated Canucks comes back into the fold is unbelievable…,,

Welcome back Henrik and Daniel… 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I have some reservations as I feel we need to build a much tougher team to have any success especially in the playoffs, having said that I wish them nothing but success because they are 2 class act individuals and in the end we all want the same thing, a Cup.

Cheers 22 & 33.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Hope twins could push Canucks to an upper lever.

Might be they could solve the Loui issue.

Best wishes to Sedins for their new roles.

Overheard in Swedish in the Canucks offices...

"Loui, du är en bra kille, men går bara i pension ok?"

1 hour ago, Patrik Laine said:

I remember my first beer...

2 hours ago, IRR said:

Are you really that insecure that you need to post this / all your other bulls*** posts for attention?! It's embarrassing at this point!

I mean, both of you cry every time I post something.

Pots, kettles, all that good stuff.

Hope this helps.