The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik and Daniel Sedin named Special Advisors to General Manager

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

I mean, both of you cry every time I post something.

Pots, kettles, all that good stuff.

Hope this helps.

I wonder why...

Also the "hope this helps" is a poor troll job trying to trigger someone. Please try harder.  You and squam are both getting a lot worse at this.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

So I dove into some highlights... and I don't want to say that I didn't appreciate them at the time.. but WOW what special players...

You kind of just got used to it - watching them work their magic - but as a fan of the sport they were exceptionally unique.

Some of these plays are just stupid.

I swear you could watch hockey for 100 years & you'll never see a play like that Henrik through the legs of Niemi assist again. 

I feel so grateful to have watched these guys night in & night out. There will never be anything like them again. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

I wonder why...

Also the "hope this helps" is a poor troll job trying to trigger someone. Please try harder.  You and squam are both getting a lot worse at this.

Me a troll?  Since when?

Idk how and where y'xll get these ideas about me.  I just come here, share some truths about this team and the game of hockey, and vibe. 

Just cuz everything I post isn't a superficial positive post about the team, doesn't mean I'm a troll lol.

3 hours ago, AV. said:

Yay!  So lucky to have an ownership content with middling and losing!  Yay us!

38 minutes ago, AV. said:

Me a troll?  Since when?

Idk how and where y'xll get these ideas about me.  I just come here, share some truths about this team and the game of hockey, and vibe. 

Just cuz everything I post isn't a superficial positive post about the team, doesn't mean I'm a troll lol.

Your OP is partially true (the meddling) but I'm not sure what this has to do with the Sedins?

Thinking that they would just accept being used as a shield is an insult.

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, AV. said:

Me a troll?  Since when?

Don't think I need to go into detail of since when and the fact that not everything you post is "superficial positive" isn't what makes you a troll, it's how and where you do it that does. You come into a thread like this for example and post that hiring the Sedins will continue to make us a middling/losing team. You then continue to say "hope this helps" when someone ends up replying to you without giving any actual argument on why you think this. You never have any support behind your claims, you're just trying to get anyone to bait on it. I don't think wallstreet for example is a troll even though he posts mostly negative comments about the team, he at least will back up his claims with why he supports that opinion.

Anyway, I'm done taking any bait on this. Enjoy your time on here. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Your OP is partially true (the meddling) but I'm not sure what this has to do with the Sedins?

Thinking that they would just accept being used as a shield is an insult.

Oh, I meant middling as in the position in the standings.  Cusp of playoffs/borderline playoff team, right in the middle.  Meddling works too, though.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

Don't think I need to go into detail of since when and the fact that not everything you post is "superficial positive" isn't what makes you a troll, it's how and where you do it that does. You come into a thread like this for example and post that hiring the Sedins will continue to make us a middling/losing team. You then continue to say "hope this helps" when someone ends up replying to you without giving any actual argument on why you think this. You never have any support behind your claims, you're just trying to get anyone to bait on it. I don't think wallstreet for example is a troll even though he posts mostly negative comments about the team, he at least will back up his claims with why he supports that opinion.

Anyway, I'm done taking any bait on this. Enjoy your time on here. 

I literally praised the hiring the page before that comment, so, uh, yeah.

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, AV. said:

Oh, I meant middling as in the position in the standings.  Cusp of playoffs/borderline playoff team, right in the middle.  Meddling works too, though.

Fair enough. I don't agree with that at all then. Makes no sense. 

I thought meddling b/c Aqua has been a lifelong fan & wants the team to succeed - therefore he interferes when he should just let the hockey people do their job. 

No owner prefers there team to be middling as opposed to a top contender. Especially with the upside to owning a winner in this market. (At their height the most valuable franchise after the original 6).

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Fair enough. I don't agree with that at all then. Makes no sense. 

I thought meddling b/c Aqua has been a lifelong fan & wants the team to succeed - therefore he interferes when he should just let the hockey people do their job. 

No owner prefers there team to be middling as opposed to a top contender. Especially with the upside to owning a winner in this market. (At their height the most valuable franchise after the original 6).

The proof is in the wording, however.  When they say they want to return to how the Canucks played in the bubble, that's basically a middle of the pack team.

I don't doubt they want to be a powerhouse but the bar is low enough here that middling is acceptable.  Hell, bottom-five for seasons on end has been acceptable here.

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, AV. said:

How can you praise the hiring and then say it'll continue to make us a middling/loser team in the next post? So you like the hiring and then post that to troll and bait? Doesn't that support what I'm saying? You're all over the place here. Pick one or the other and stick to it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ur a Towel said:

How can you praise the hiring and then say it'll continue to make us a middling/loser team in the next post? So you like the hiring and then post that to troll and bait? Doesn't that support what I'm saying? You're all over the place here. Pick one or the other and stick to it.

You see, this is where your selective reading is showing.

My criticism was of ownership and people in here that believe this ownership is a flawless ownership.  My comment was in response to that, not the hiring.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

The proof is in the wording, however.  When they say they want to return to how the Canucks played in the bubble, that's basically a middle of the pack team.

I don't doubt they want to be a powerhouse but the bar is low enough here that middling is acceptable.  Hell, bottom-five for seasons on end has been acceptable here.

This is completely ignoring the context of what the bubble was though.

That was rookie Quinn Hughes & 2nd year Elias Pettersson carrying the team. Rookie Demko holding them in against Vegas. Horvat as a young captain showing he can be a big time player. Boeser as a young player being a great contributor, exc.

The significance is the step taken - on the backs of young players - from where we've been in the prior years, and hoping to continue taking those steps.

It wasn't a veteran led team going on a Cinderella run, then hoping to re-kindle that. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Watching the presser, it seemed very underwhelming and vague on some of there answers - perhaps a good way to start by tempering expectations.  

I wonder how long this experiment will last; but I still hope this is the first day of a loooong & successful career with the Canucks.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, AV. said:

You see, this is where your selective reading is showing.

My criticism was of ownership and people in here that believe this ownership is a flawless ownership.  My comment was in response to that, not the hiring.

You are correct and I missed that, so I apoligize on my part. You did say ownership. My point still stand regardless though and if you think ownership wants us to be a losing team then you also need a reality check.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AV. said:

When you say you literally praised the hiring the page before, do you literally mean literally.?  You praised the Sedins 11 hours before you dropped this little gem: Yay!  So lucky to have an ownership content with middling and losing!  Yay us!

Then you say: My criticism was of ownership and people in here that believe this ownership is a flawless ownership.  My comment was in response to that, not the hiring.

I looked at the posts between the two and couldn’t find a single one intimating that the ownership is flawless. Some discussion about how much ownership does or does not meddle but nothing remotely suggesting what you claim. Your comment was in response to something that you made up yourself. Then you chastise someone for not reading posts that were 11 hours apart.  Not at all surprising that people took your barb as a criticism of the hire as I did before going back through several pages of posts to find your praise.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, 4petesake said:

When you say you literally praised the hiring the page before, do you literally mean literally.?  You praised the Sedins 11 hours before you dropped this little gem: Yay!  So lucky to have an ownership content with middling and losing!  Yay us!

Then you say: My criticism was of ownership and people in here that believe this ownership is a flawless ownership.  My comment was in response to that, not the hiring.

I looked at the posts between the two and couldn’t find a single one intimating that the ownership is flawless. Some discussion about how much ownership does or does not meddle but nothing remotely suggesting what you claim. Your comment was in response to something that you made up yourself. Then you chastise someone for not reading posts that were 11 hours apart.  Not at all surprising that people took your barb as a criticism of the hire as I did before going back through several pages of posts to find your praise.

Just read some of the sentiments about how good the Aquilini's are.  They're there.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

This is completely ignoring the context of what the bubble was though.

That was rookie Quinn Hughes & 2nd year Elias Pettersson carrying the team. Rookie Demko holding them in against Vegas. Horvat as a young captain showing he can be a big time player. Boeser as a young player being a great contributor, exc.

The significance is the step taken - on the backs of young players - from where we've been in the prior years, and hoping to continue taking those steps.

It wasn't a veteran led team going on a Cinderella run, then hoping to re-kindle that. 

I'm sure the Oilers thought the same thing about their team in 2017.

Thing is, and we know this now, you have to aim higher.

• RoughGame 1

Just now, AV. said:

I'm sure the Oilers thought the same thing about their team in 2017.

Thing is, and we know this now, you have to aim higher.

So every team's the Oilers?

I don't think that's how it works.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 2

8 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Watching the presser, it seemed very underwhelming and vague on some of there answers - perhaps a good way to start by tempering expectations.  

I wonder how long this experiment will last; but I still hope this is the first day of a loooong & successful career with the Canucks.   

maybe they just understand the media market they are in. The old 1040 crowd can dine out on one sentence for a week on "controversy". 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1