The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik and Daniel Sedin named Special Advisors to General Manager

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, combover said:

Wonder if Jimmie and aqua will stab them in the back like linden.

Pretty funny all the Jb super fans getting upset with this being called a or stunt because FA has never played that card lol.

it’s the history and the fact that JB is not marketable his long list of failures and incompetence at managing this team are the reason behind a suspected PR move.

I doubt the twins would come on for that but then again they tossed linden under the bus so....

like linden those two are well respected in both the hockey community and the local community 

I sure hope they can watch each other’s backs and put  Jbs stupidity in check. 

When you throw in "super" fans it discredits your opinion.  You're adding stuff to help your case but if it was strong on its own, you wouldn't have to.

Super haters...that would be the flip side.  People who can't get over their agenda and focus forward.  Everything ties in to their misery.

JB doesn't have to be "marketable"....the team, itself, is.  Anyone not on board with our young studs is focusing on the wrong things.  JB's job isn't to look and sound pretty...it's to put a pretty team together.  We're not far off.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

When you throw in "super" fans it discredits your opinion.  You're adding stuff to help your case but if it was strong on its own, you wouldn't have to.

Super haters...that would be the flip side.  People who can't get over their agenda and focus forward.  Everything ties in to their misery.

JB doesn't have to be "marketable"....the team, itself, is.  Anyone not on board with our young studs is focusing on the wrong things.  JB's job isn't to look and sound pretty...it's to put a pretty team together.  We're not far off.

Fair enough with the super fan comment.

I disagree with Jb be marketable if the fan base has no confidence in the guy running the operation then the brand will suffer. 
There is a large portion of this fan base that feels Jim isn’t capable therefore trying to say we’re on the right path from a guy who’s looked lost confused and incompetent for 7 seasons doesn’t mean anything.

yes we have some good young players but being a terrible team will give you that aka the oilers was there manager good because his team sucked so bad he got good picks. 

I like many have zero confidence Jb is capable his  interviews and comments just pad my stats. 

I like the twins I think they’ll help a lot if they don’t get rail tossed like linden and JB was part of that.

so if they were smart and I think they are they shouldnt trust Jim or FA for that matter. 

• Huggy Bear 1
3 minutes ago, combover said:

I disagree with Jb be marketable if the fan base has no confidence in the guy running the operation then the brand will suffer. 
There is a large portion of this fan base that feels Jim isn’t capable therefore trying to say we’re on the right path from a guy who’s looked lost confused and incompetent for 7 seasons doesn’t mean anything.

yes we have some good young players but being a terrible team will give you that aka the oilers was there manager good because his team sucked so bad he got good picks. 

I like many have zero confidence Jb is capable his  interviews and comments just pad my stats. 

I like the twins I think they’ll help a lot if they don’t get rail tossed like linden and JB was part of that.

so if they were smart and I think they are they shouldnt trust Jim or FA for that matter. 

Clearly you’re a passionate fan, as all of us are on this board.  We just want our team to be great, and win.  Having the Twins in an advisory role (seems they will have input in almost all areas of the club) only makes us closer to that goal.  I’m not sure which Twin said this, but I found it very important.  He said we need players who aren’t playing above (in a role and minutes) where they should be.  The Twins know that winning teams, because they’ve been on them, have players in the roles that best suit each player’s talents.  

I wonder which players the Twins feel are playing above the role their talents indicate?  Myers?  Pearson?  

• Vintage 1
On 6/24/2021 at 2:23 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Overheard in Swedish in the Canucks offices...

"Loui, du är en bra kille, men går bara i pension ok?"

Maybe the Sedins can convince Leechy Eriksson to retire this year.

• Upvote 1
18 hours ago, combover said:

Thing is, "the fanbase" is comprised of many....so there are people on both sides.  The Fire Benning crowd has some valid points but it's also a vicious cycle and easy to call for heads to roll.  But sometimes you have to exercise a bit of patience as things do fall into place.

We are not a "terrible" team....we are a team that needs tweaks and some more experience.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2021 at 12:12 AM, ShawnAntoski said:

Everything in this picture reminds me of the 80's - good times.

We've been wanting something done with that contract in how many years... we're eating it down to the crust. The funny thing about greed and cupboard love; it would be funny as hell if he got 20g this year.