The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik and Daniel Sedin named Special Advisors to General Manager

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Watch them end up coming out of retirement half way through the year, secretly practicing with the team getting into game shape again :bigblush:

That would be hilarious......they quietly get frustrated and decide to take matters in their own hands.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm sure Aquilini had influence, but I actually like what that family has done for the city and team. 

What I like about this is it really looks like they could be setting the Sedins up for long term success here, thats showing some great leadership and learning from past mistakes. 

I am not saying the Aquilini's have been bad owners. I am simply saying even at the time it didnt feel like Benning or Willie D were really decisions driven by Linden. The public face was that they were but they really felt like they had more than just approval level influence from ownership.

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Angry Chicken GIF by happydog

What is up with this guy's weird Canucks/Benning infatuation ; this isn't the first time I've seen this juiceless wannabe give his snarky .02 with regards to either. Isn't he a Toronto guy? This accomplishment-free dilettante should probably focus more on how his team is going to ice more than one line next year over what's going on here.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

You honestly believe the Twins have the type of character to sign on as a PR stunt?  Not a chance.  These are two guys who love the sport, and want to help our team be the best.  

What about Linden, was that just a PR stunt or was it him just not agreeing with the GM about how to proceed and him basically saying if you don't respect my input why should I even be here...

This signing means nothing to me, they are going to learn the game from a NON player point of view and proceed from there. This doesn't change our cap situation, our poor D lineup we have etc. All the holes on the team are still there, time will tell if any bold moves are done. Hopefully this works out well and they remain a part of the team, wish they recruited someone like Juice instead. He does NOT sugar coat stuff and says it how it is, something this team needs and I have my doubts the twins will ever be those kind of people.

See what all is said tomorrow and go from there, took weeks to announce this so the intrigue has been gone for a while for me, I want big roster changes to help the on ice results could care less who is in management etc. The nostalgia people will be over the moon tho

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Squamfan said:

That is what is happening, it happened with another legend and its happening now two hall of famers. the owner is is saving face because he brought jim back 

Lol. Because what could they know about this franchise , and hockey ops right? 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Notice how the only posters who are negative about this are the same ones who find something negative about this team. This isn't realism or pragmatism. Posters like Squamfan are just an embarrassment to sports fans in general, not just the Canucks.

Bingo! While i'm glad i put this stuff aside with a couple of posters last week to reflect on some more important personal stuff, i still stand behind my feelings re: these types of posters / calling them out. I'm also glad i'm not the only one. It just crazy seeing this stuff consume this board / market!!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I can see plenty of people seeing this as Bieksa declaring interest in joining the team. Frankly, he'd be a solid hire. Could replace Baumgartner.

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why do I have a feeling that they're going to mess with peoples heads, constantly saying that they're the other one? 

Man I’d love to see both of these happen. 

• Haha 1