The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Henrik and Daniel Sedin named Special Advisors to General Manager

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

55 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

IMHO, bad move for the same reason I think Green is a terrible coach, the turn the other cheek style of play does not win Cups in the salary cap era no matter how talented a team may be. We need to build a tough team, not take the toughness out of our players like we’ve been doing. 

Argue with me all you want, I expect it because you’re all blinded by your respect for the Sedins, I respect them too but broke my rose coloured glasses long ago, I won’t argue back, instead I’ll put both my avatar and my siggy on the line, I’ll ditch them both if next season we win just one playoff game

Gonna quote you on that

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Squamfan said:

I love the twins but if i were them i would have respectfully declined 

Give them a chance - they both earned it; and what is the worst that could happen ?  Seems like a win win move at this point - Yzerman, Sakic and Loungo started out in a very similar manner.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

The only concern about Sedins for me is turn the other Cheek type of player we need opposite of that.

Yeah, even Marchand was baffled with the non response - moving on.  Overall, they were great Canucks and hope they make the management portion better; and I don't really blame Aquaman for making this move but my only concern is: will they be willing to stand up for what they believe is the right move (like Linden, based on the rumours) or ..... - this offseasons' move(s) will say alot cause we already know of JB'S tendencies when FA opens.  Excited they’re part of the team but skeptical; and I really hope they do (very) well.

Management and staff adjustment(s) seems to be done and the roster tweaking(s) is about to start - fingers crossed.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

9 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Could always run the team this way:

B172E0DA-06D9-45C2-808E-3C6C11548D7E.gif.f3fc77094f71b55fed08fea089bcc32b.gif

I mean, what could go wrong? ;) 

(Do any rival GMs own racehorses? Asking for a friend.) 

Id like to see Bettman ask me if i have anything to say about these “very questionable one sided trades”

image.gif.6d4fb937d013e58dddc5057de95107ab.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3