The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Seattle Kraken offseason

Rate this topic

19 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Naming a head coach tomorrow?

Gallant leaves his recently signed deal with the Rangers and says "it's nice to be on the other end for once."

Seriously though, who are the candidates?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, c00kies said:

Gallant leaves his recently signed deal with the Rangers and says "it's nice to be on the other end for once."

Seriously though, who are the candidates?

I have to say, that gave me a good chuckle. I bet Bettman would fine Seattle's first round pick if that happened.

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Is he a good coach? 

He’s had pretty good regular season success. Only had one season with a sub .500 record in all his years with North Dakota and then Philly.

Helped develop some great NHL talent in North Dakota too. Players like Toews, Oshie, Zajac, Parise, Nelson, Stafford, Greene, Stecher, Forbort, and Schmaltz.

If the Kraken decide to go younger and take the long developmental route I could see him being good with a young core. 

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He’s had pretty good regular season success. Only had one season with a sub .500 record in all his years with North Dakota and then Philly.

Helped develop some great NHL talent in North Dakota too. Players like Toews, Oshie, Zajac, Parise, Nelson, Stafford, Greene, Stecher, Forbort, and Schmaltz.

If the Kraken decide to go younger and take the long developmental route I could see him being good with a young core. 

Interesting. Would love to see Green and Haskol go head to head. Who comes out on top. 

I can see Seattle being good, but not quite as good as Vegas, and certainly not making it to the Cup Finals in their inaugural season. 

I just thought of something. 

Why wouldn't the Kraken take Wallstedt in the draft?

It's similar to the coach choice in that nobody's expecting it.

And why not? He seems to be the only player this year people are talking about as a franchise player. Isn't there some saying about building from the defense out or something like that.

If they do pick Jesper things that follow are going to get interesting. Everything moves back one from the second pick.

• 2 weeks later...
The journey to puck drop has been filled with milestone after milestone moment: hiring our inaugural GM Ron Francis, announcing our brand, signing our first player and most recently announcing our inaugural head coach, Dave Hakstol.
Climate Pledge Arena is on track to host our first regular season home game in mid-October, but we have made the decision to play our three inaugural preseason games at three outstanding local arenas in Everett, Kent and Spokane.
Our three preseason games will now be played at:
Sunday, September 26th Seattle Kraken vs. Vancouver Canucks @Spokane - 6:00PM
Friday, October 1st Seattle Kraken vs Edmonton Oilers @Everett - 7:00PM
Saturday, October 2nd Seattle Kraken vs Calgary Flames @Kent - 7:00PM
As a result of these games not being played at Climate Pledge Arena, we will provide you with an account credit, which you will see in your Seattle Kraken Account Manager by Monday, July 26th.
We understand that this is different than expected but we are excited to celebrate hockey across the Pacific Northwest and then celebrate our inaugural regular season games at Climate Pledge Arena with you.
Please click here for more information or reach out to your dedicated Account Executive if you have further questions.

3 hours ago, BCNeil said:
The journey to puck drop has been filled with milestone after milestone moment: hiring our inaugural GM Ron Francis, announcing our brand, signing our first player and most recently announcing our inaugural head coach, Dave Hakstol.
Climate Pledge Arena is on track to host our first regular season home game in mid-October, but we have made the decision to play our three inaugural preseason games at three outstanding local arenas in Everett, Kent and Spokane.
Our three preseason games will now be played at:
Sunday, September 26th Seattle Kraken vs. Vancouver Canucks @Spokane - 6:00PM
Friday, October 1st Seattle Kraken vs Edmonton Oilers @Everett - 7:00PM
Saturday, October 2nd Seattle Kraken vs Calgary Flames @Kent - 7:00PM
As a result of these games not being played at Climate Pledge Arena, we will provide you with an account credit, which you will see in your Seattle Kraken Account Manager by Monday, July 26th.
We understand that this is different than expected but we are excited to celebrate hockey across the Pacific Northwest and then celebrate our inaugural regular season games at Climate Pledge Arena with you.
Please click here for more information or reach out to your dedicated Account Executive if you have further questions.

Interesting how the Kraken have announced their pre season schedule but nothing from the Canucks?