The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Move Juolevi to Forward

Rate this topic

WEVEGOTMOTTE

11 hours ago, mll said:

Still not logical.

The proposal is Winnipeg sending Appleton + pick/prospect to Vancouver.  They will then lose another player to expansion.

If they stand pat - they simply lose Appleton and aren't giving up a pick/prospect and get to keep Stanley. 

Lemme ask you. Hypothetically if we were in the same spot as the jets and lets say podkolzin is the forward we cant protect. Would you be fine with seattle just taking him without us getting anything back? Assuming the 7 other forwards we had absolutely had to be protected? If you were jim are you not trying to get something for podz thru a trade or not?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Lemme ask you. Hypothetically if we were in the same spot as the jets and lets say podkolzin is the forward we cant protect. Would you be fine with seattle just taking him without us getting anything back? Assuming the 7 other forwards we had absolutely had to be protected? If you were jim are you not trying to get something for podz thru a trade or not?

Absolutely!  And we would want the return to be better than (or have the potential to be better than) that next guy who is most likely to get picked by Seattle.  The it’s absolutely a must trade.  So is the return we are offering whomever better than the next guy they expect to lose on their exposed guys.  Hopefully Benning can pull off a trade like this.  

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Gadz  and Lind take up 2 protection spots. Does OJ have more upside defensively than either of those 2 to find a way to protect him? 

IMHAO Gads and Lind are both exposed to Seattle. 

• Huggy Bear 2

9 minutes ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

While it is not necessarily ED (sorry I had to jump on that opportunity), I do feel like half the man I used to be as Scott Weiland from STP once sang lol. 

I applaud you for jumping on the opportunity, It's the right move. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

I am still waiting on an ALF reboot on Netflix lol.  Is Willie even alive anymore?  Not Willie D. Pretty sure he is still alive lol. 

Alflives on in our hopes and dreams.  :towel:

The question is whether Juiolevi will live up to our hopes for him.  

• Haha 1

I think it's actually a decent idea to change things up like this situationally. like if we are down a goal in the last 10 minutes of the game... even more QH to forward at times... and definitely work players out of position in practice/training camp sometimes. at the very least, see the game differently.

but as to full-time shift, probably wouldn't do it.

7 minutes ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Lol I am down in Texas where the heat is normal, but oddly it has been rainy and in the 80's recently. 

We just had temps over 100 up here.  One town just east of Van was 121 on Tuesday.  It’s been nasty hot here.  

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We just had temps over 100 up here.  One town just east of Van was 121 on Tuesday.  It’s been nasty hot here.  

I am well aware as I am very tuned in to VAN sports talk whether it be via CHEK, Sekeres/Price, VANCast or Twitter where the "heat" has been the topic of conversation lol. Plus I have tons of friends up in the Loops, Burnaby, Surrey, Van Isle, etc who are ALL letting me know how miserable they are. I understand why many do not have central A/C up there, but I bet that is going to change after this lol. I sincerely hope everyone are good now that temps are waning and send condolences for those who passed due to the heat. As a Texan who recently experienced an ice storm that affected many down here, it is ironic to see y'all dealing with what we do every summer. Does not make it any less tough to deal with though.  At least with cold you can bundle up and do your best to stay warm whereas the heat can be stifling and I do not feel like walking around in public naked lol. 

• Huggy Bear 1

On 6/28/2021 at 9:06 PM, Bertuzzipunch said:

Say that Höglander is also exposed and is the next player they would most likely pick.  

Do you trade Podkolzin for anything and then lose Höglander in expansion.  Or do you decide it's better to just lose 1 of Podkolzin or Höglander.  

Player A + Player B for something

or 

Player A for nothing but keeping player B