Canucks Community

To Sharks:

9OA

2023 3rd rounder

Cole Lind

Loui Erikkson

To Canucks:

Timo Meier

24 yr old left winger making 6 mill AAV for 3 more seasons, still will be a RFA when deal is done. Gives us an absolute stud for our top 6. 3rd rounder thrown in to take erikkson so we have the cap room for Timo.

Meier would fit this team like a glove. 

That said, I kinda feel that if we do move our best trade chip (9th overall), it should be for that ever elusive top 4 defensively sound RD. I'm more comfortable in our ability to add a top 6 without sacrificing the pick then I am a RD.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

To Sharks:

9OA

2023 3rd rounder

Cole Lind

Loui Erikkson

To Canucks:

Timo Meier

24 yr old left winger making 6 mill AAV for 3 more seasons, still will be a RFA when deal is done. Gives us an absolute stud for our top 6. 3rd rounder thrown in to take erikkson so we have the cap room for Timo.

I don't think they would give him up for that package.  Great player though, would look good on any team.

Edited by Dixon Ward
Just now, Dixon Ward said:

I don't think they would give him up and I don't think we can afford him this year.  Great player though, would look good on any team.

We can afford him if they take loui thats why i threw in that 3rd

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, mll said:

10M qualifying offer in 2 seasons which he might just sign if he doesn't like the extension offer.

This.  That qualifying offer will keep 95% of teams away.  Imagine having to offer him a $10M contract.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Meier would fit this team like a glove. 

That said, I kinda feel that if we do move our best trade chip (9th overall), it should be for that ever elusive top 4 defensively sound RD. I'm more comfortable in our ability to add a top 6 without sacrificing the pick then I am a RD.

Good luck with that.  Natural right side defenseman (good or bad) are fairly rare.  One who is a top 4 one, is rarer still.  I doubt 9th overall would be enough to get that kind of guy (unless said player is close to 30 years old or older).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
10 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

We can afford him if they take loui thats why i threw in that 3rd

Sorry, I corrected that.  I realized after, but I still don't think they make that trade.  We also need Centers and D more than wingers at this point.

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Good luck with that.  Natural right side defenseman (good or bad) are fairly rare.  One who is a top 4 one, is rarer still.  I doubt 9th overall would be enough to get that kind of guy (unless said player is close to 30 years old or older).

I understand how rare they are, which is why I don't think we should be using our best trade chip on a winger. 9th overall might not be enough on it's own to land this hypothetical player, but it could still be the main piece going the other way.

• Hydration 1

Have to do this deal if they agree, no question. I don't think they go for it though. Taking on Loui's cap is probably worth a 1st rounder at this point given how tight most teams are. 
Give them a quality prospect like Juolevi too and they go for it. 

I'd definitely be interested in making a trade to improve the top 6, b/c everything we need to improve the D corps  is available through free agency:
Savard, Larsson, etc.

I especially like this b/c we can create another scoring line. Put Miller down in the 3C position, and put Podkolzin on the wing. Can pick up a 3rd line winger who can score, someone like Jaden Schwartz. Bring back Edler for 1 more year on a cheap deal. 

Meier-Petey-Boeser
Hogs-Horvat-Pearson
Pods-Miller-Schwartz
Motte-Beagle-Roussel

Hughes-Savard

Schmidt-Hamonic

Edler-Myers

*Rathbone

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Cause evender is over 30 and not 24 lol

True, but he’s a young 30, and tough as hell.  Love to see him out there as Petey’s wingman.  

• Vintage 1
4 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Cause evender is over 30 and not 24 lol

He's 29, and still a solid player in the league. Skilled, strong, and tough as nails. I think @Alflivesis onto something, and it ain't cat casserole.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Well giving our 1st for him is a non starter

For sure. That should be going towards either a player in the draft, or a top 4 defenseman. 

Kane could be had for less.