The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/SJS

24 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Well giving our 1st for him is a non starter

I think we take Kane’s contract as cap relief for them; they are rebuilding.  And we dump Loui on them.

Four years of Kane is 28 million for Loui.  That’s the offer.  

47 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

You would rather have vrana over meier? Errr wut and why

Vrana is a far better offensively, and defensively on nearly every considerable metric.  He also doesn't carry a 10 mil QO, that is an absolute deal killer.  

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

You gotta be kidding me. Absolutely false

It's not.  What do want to work off of for the past 2 years?  Goals, assists, Points, any of those/60, any of those even strength, +/-, Possession quality, Point Shares etc,  I can keep going but getting tired of typing.

And he does not carry a 10 mil QO.  Think about what a 10 Mil QO could do to this team in 3 years when we are (hopefully) legit contenders.

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

It's not.  What do want to work off of for the past 2 years?  Goals, assists, Points, any of those/60, any of those even strength, +/-, Possession quality, Point Shares etc,  I can keep going but getting tired of typing.

And he does not carry a 10 mil QO.  Think about what a 10 Mil QO could do to this team in 3 years when we are (hopefully) legit contenders.

U make too much of that 10 mill QO. No reason he cant sign a long term deal between 5-7 mill.

2 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

To Sharks:

9OA

2023 3rd rounder

Cole Lind

Loui Erikkson

To Canucks:

Timo Meier

24 yr old left winger making 6 mill AAV for 3 more seasons, still will be a RFA when deal is done. Gives us an absolute stud for our top 6. 3rd rounder thrown in to take erikkson so we have the cap room for Timo.

I would have been a huge fan of this proposal but @mllis correct.  No thanks to a Re-qualification of 10 million dollars. 

2 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

To Sharks:

9OA

2023 3rd rounder

Cole Lind

Loui Erikkson

To Canucks:

Timo Meier

24 yr old left winger making 6 mill AAV for 3 more seasons, still will be a RFA when deal is done. Gives us an absolute stud for our top 6. 3rd rounder thrown in to take erikkson so we have the cap room for Timo.

Ignoring Timo Meier however, I am interested to see what else we’d be able to get with your proposed package.  For example - would your above package net is a Sam Reinhart if we upgraded that 3rd to a 2nd?  Also - ‘K’ ole Lind.  :-p

15 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

U make too much of that 10 mill QO. No reason he cant sign a long term deal between 5-7 mill.

He becomes a UFA if the Canucks don't give him the $10M QO. We could let him go to free agency and then try to sign him to that contract but are you confident he would even want to sign here? I'm not and wouldn't give up our 9th OA for 2 years of Meier.