The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Lightning win 2021 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Final  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2021 at 12:00 AM

Here’s my early season prediction for next year.

Canucks finish second last in division and miss playoffs.

Kraken finish with more points than the Canucks.

CDC rallies to save Green citing he’s a good coach and Aqualini keeps him for another season.

Here’s my early season prediction for the 22-23 season.

Canucks finish second last in division and miss playoffs.

Kraken finish with more points than the Canucks.

CDC rallies to save Green citing he’s still a good coach and Aqualini offers another extension.

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Out of all the Canadian teams that made the Stanley Cup Final after 1993, I would say the Canucks had the best chance in 2011.

1994 was close too. Not really going in but man that series was tight.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, drdeath said:

You’ll have to wait until the guy handing it out isn’t Gary Bettman though. 

Bettman is getting up in age & I can’t help but notice that he seems to show some symptoms of early Parkinson’s disease. 

I know he wants & expects to have his   Commissioner’s position for life, but I really hope his retirement has been hastened & that we have a progressive new visionary as commissioner who will be treating ALL franchises equally & bring integrity back to the NHLOA & some far better regional representation to DPS. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Sure does,

good for them to play the system 

every team could have done it just like Vancouver did it.
 2 mill or 18 mill it’s over the cap.

If the Canucks tried that there’d be a new Luongo rule, and the Canucks would be made an example of for trying to circumvent the cap despite acting within the written rules.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, viking mama said:

Bettman is getting up in age & I can’t help but notice that he seems to show some symptoms of early Parkinson’s disease. 

I know he wants & expects to have his   Commissioner’s position for life, but I really hope his retirement has been hastened & that we have a progressive new visionary as commissioner who will be treating ALL franchises equally & bring integrity back to the NHLOA & some far better regional representation to DPS. 

Glad i'm not the only one that noticed this.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Out of all the Canadian teams that made the Stanley Cup Final after 1993, I would say the Canucks had the best chance in 2011.

2004 finals with Calgary is right up there though. That Gelinas “no goal” call in game 6 is as close as it gets.

1 minute ago, Bure2Win said:

Still can't believe a team that's been in the league over 20 years less than us has won it three times already?

I much prefer having a front row seat to a Bennings horror movie, instead of 3 cups.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, viking mama said:

I was wondering about Parkinson's too?

I know he's hated but man...that guy runs a tight business.