The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Lightning win 2021 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Final  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2021 at 12:00 AM

21 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I expect TBay in 6. Mtl can't beat a cheatin' squad, that's this deep, can they?!

Altho’, the NHL/ NHLPA quickly ratified an ungrandfathered-in cap-recapture rule to punish teams that offered up long-term contracts that wouldn’t last the duration (already a risk, even if players stayed in & played healthy), they now find absolutely “nothing wrong”with a team icing players equal to 18 million over a cap when ‘entering’ the play-offs, or playing the games that matter most?? 

^One of the few ways smaller markets began competing for big-name free-agents or hold onto their franchise players, was to offer long term contracts & no-trade clauses. But, who can possibly think that exceeding the cap during the play-offs is on the up & up, when exceeding it during the regular season wasn’t fair?

One of the ways ‘premiere’ teams can now “game the system” is to drag-out rehabs & simply re-load  for bear, prior to the puck dropping in the play-offs.

Brutally inconsistent behaviour. So NHL!!

Cap compliance should mean being  “cap compliant” during the regular season AND the post season, equally. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Canadiens made me look silly last time, so I'll give them some games here. Lightning in 6, but hoping for a Habs win.

There have been many Cinderella runs in the past, but almost all of them fall short:

1981 Wild

1982 Canucks

1986 Canadiens (WON)

1993 Kings

1994 Canucks

1995 Devils (WON)

1996 Panthers

1998 Capitals

1999 Sabres

2004 Flames

2006 Oilers

2010 Flyers

2012 Kings (WON)

2017 Predators

2020 Stars

I'm hoping for another one added to the wins category, but it rarely happens.

I wouldn't call the Stars 2020 as Cinderella runs since they were the 3rd seed in the playoffs

This is a great matchup - should be very fun to watch.

I'm going Habs again, all the way, particularly if Weber, Petry et al stay healthy.

Tampa may have a depth advantage on their blueline, but I'm giving the intangible advantage to the Habs.

They've got the hungrier hearts - and no shortage of. 

And they can skate with Tampa imo - so it could be/should be a tight series.

Go Habs.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

The two best goalies in the league. Will be interesting to see where many consider them among all time goaltenders when their careers are done.

A key factor this series is likely the Tampa PP vs Montreal's PK. Montreal shut down Vegas, but Tampa is far more potent.

Cinderella teams usually fall just short, so my guess is Tampa in 6. Montreal's relished in the underdog role though, so it's possible they do once again.

I can bring myself to cheer for Price, Weber and Burr.

Hate the thought of the Habs winning and definitely not keen on a Bolts B2B.

I know it’s a LTIR quirk but the benefit they’ve received with the loaded cap has been obvious in every series as it’s come down to depth. 

Edited by NZCanuck
  • Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Na.  They were just wimpy farm boys. Like these two softies;

image.jpeg.996f71d53acb099f562e7f502cbc1cd3.jpegimage.jpeg.88328581c2c227de402731edf2e492c2.jpeg  

I remember when I first saw that photo of the golden jet.

I thought ##$$ I wouldn't want that guy skating a hundred miles an hour at me.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Ilunga said:

I remember when I first saw that photo of the golden jet.

I thought ##$$ I wouldn't want that guy skating a hundred miles an hour at me.

Nothing like farm boy strength.  I doubt those guys ever formally lifted weights too.  Just hard farm labour.  Hull pitching hay though; that’s a classic.  Imagine the grip strength on these guys too.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Nothing like farm boy strength.  I doubt those guys ever formally lifted weights too.  Just hard farm labour.  Hull pitching hay though; that’s a classic.  Imagine the grip strength on these guys too.   

https://next-level-athletics.com/golden-jet-got-jacked/

I am a farm boy/getting to be old man to Alf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mll said:

Armia had a variant earlier this season.  

How does this happen? First their head coach and now a top 6 player of theirs. Gotta wonder if Bettman has gotten his dirty hands into this...

Edited by grandmaster

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

How does this happen? First their head coach and now a top 6 player of theirs. Gotta wonder if Bettman has gotten his dirty hands into this...

The players are fully vaccinated, but they get tested every day.  Very likely anyone of them testing positive will be asymptomatic.  

It's incredibly interesting how he hockey gods work. IMO this is no where near the best team the Habs have iced in the last 20+years but here we are and I coudn't be happier if it can't be the Canuck's Montreal would be my 1st choice to bring the cup back to Canada. 

Awouiiiiii Habs!!! On Y vas!!!