The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Lightning win 2021 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2021 Stanley Cup Final  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/2021 at 12:00 AM

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I just wanna know what winning one cup feels like…

Could you imagine winning two in a row?

Grew up a Red Wings fan with Canucks #2. I can tell you it is pretty sweet. But then in 98/99 they brought in my 2 least favorite players (Chelios and Ulf Samulsson) and I said &^@# it I am out. Now I don't count them and just want one Canucks cup before I die...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’d bet he’ll be a flop, why? Because his style does not match Greens style, he’ll be asked to play out of his character and that never works outs.

I’m pretty sure Podkolzin will be one of Green’s favourites. Why would you think otherwise?

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to SCF: (2) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (4) Montreal Canadiens | Lightning lead series 3-0
31 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m pretty sure Podkolzin will be one of Green’s favourites. Why would you think otherwise?

Green has a habit of punishing rough play but we’ll see, I made my prediction.

45 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Grew up a Red Wings fan with Canucks #2. I can tell you it is pretty sweet. But then in 98/99 they brought in my 2 least favorite players (Chelios and Ulf Samulsson) and I said &^@# it I am out. Now I don't count them and just want one Canucks cup before I die...

I hired a Red Wings fan once without knowing, would have fired him when I found out but by then he turned into one of my best salespersons and HR wouldn’t let me.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 2

Tampa is going to play light & easy in game 4 & gamble that they can win the cup in front of their arena fans in game 5.

Not saying it’ll even be a conscious choice - more like a sub-conscious thing. They will underestimate the heart of the Canadiens, and should they fall behind, will not be feeling desperate enough to push it forward for the win in game 4 - because they really in their heart/of/hearts want the epic win & home-town celebration in game 5. 

Edited by viking mama

This might be the last season that surplus-cap players can carry over into the post season. Mark my words, the inequity over these past 2 seasons, of benefit to the TBL has just been too great & given ‘em an clear advantage.

Governors & GMs will be screaming at Bettman to close-up this perceived loop-hole.  

Fair play should be required: on the ice & in those board rooms, too!  

Edited by viking mama

2 hours ago, blaise said:

Does anyone think that Tampa willl give them a home win monday to go win it in Tampa?

I think they will play light & easy in game 4 yes. They’ll risk it.

Coach won’t ask ‘em, players won’t say it, but subconsciously, they really crave   & want the ‘full meal deal’ & in their home arena this time, too.  

16 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I hired a Red Wings fan once without knowing, would have fired him when I found out but by then he turned into one of my best salespersons and HR wouldn’t let me.

What??! You can’t fire someone for being a Red Wings fan! That’s crazy talk!
Leafs or Flames, now that’s a different story….

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I just wanna know what winning one cup feels like…

Could you imagine winning two in a row?

It’ll feel better winning it infront of their own fans. I think they will slack off a little in Game 4. 

Better enjoy it while they can because that surplus 18 Million cap scam - is likely to be closed when the League/Governors & GMs meet & start screaming at each other about it, this off-season.

It definitely helped the TBL deploying ‘returning superstars’ after injury, for two seasons in a row. Owners & GMs won’t stand for it being attempted in any way, shape or form - for 3rd time. 

Edited by viking mama