The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade or Keep the pick

Rate this topic

Bertuzzipunch

Trade or Keep the pick OMG  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know maybe it's me but I've seen a number of proposals where people talking about getting a 3C with the pick and I really don't get it. Do they mean trading for a 3C? Because shouldn't a 9OA bring back more value then that? If we draft someone maybe they start as a 3C but I hope that isn't their ceiling, just their floor. So I'd keep the pick. 

So tempted to vote “3rd line center.” 

I can only imagine the reaction. 9th overall traded for a Brandon Sutter type, retroactive NTC handed out, and signed to a “foundational player” extension. 

Would almost be worth it, just to see half the fanbase losing their minds, and the other half trying desperately to make a case for it being a good move.

(If you didn’t know it by now, I am a fan of chaos. :lol:)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
  • RoughGame 1

From an organization standpoint we should keep the pick. However, I’m guessing Benning’s tenure as GM is on a very short leash from the owners. He’s only made the playoff twice in his 7 years, and time isn’t on his side, atm.

He should make this pick available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silky mitts said:

I think he will be gone and we will take Kent Johnson. Johnson has the highest offensive ceiling in this draft IMO .

You think McTavish will be gone before 9? 

Which team do you think would take him? L.A.?