The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

next year

Rate this topic

Vegan

3 hours ago, Vegan said:

hopefully next fall will be more normal and that hockey can return to some semblance of normality with the stands fill with fans

this year the canucks got out of sync with covid-19 and fell back several games so come playoffs no chance

so this coming season I am hoping the team can learn from the experience and step up to play better hockey

Me too, buddy, me Too!

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I'm wondering if the loss of markstrom, tanev and stetcher

Affected the team coming out of the gate? I mean moral wise. 

I think it effected the team in the way of chemistry/systems. We had a lot of new faces who didnt have the time to get acquainted to systems/linemate tendencies

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 6/27/2021 at 10:50 PM, erkayloomeh said:

My excitement of adding bigger ufa/rfa/e.d. type defenseman that can both skate and hit grew. 

On 6/27/2021 at 11:02 PM, BCNeil said:

I will bet money we don't come last in the division.  

I'm expecting the two boys to sign reasonable bridge deals (both coming off low years) I think we'll have cap room to sign a large good skating defenseman, that JB can shoplift from somewhere. We have two good goalies, hopefully three. I like adding Shaw and Clarke, Beagle/Fer on litr, and I like that we'll have no covid and a full stadium. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/27/2021 at 6:02 PM, Vegan said:

hopefully next fall will be more normal and that hockey can return to some semblance of normality with the stands fill with fans

this year the canucks got out of sync with covid-19 and fell back several games so come playoffs no chance

so this coming season I am hoping the team can learn from the experience and step up to play better hockey

We true fans wish for improvement each year.

Simple solution is to eat more meat Vegan

I think the Canucks could have the biggest turn-around season. Letting Brown go and bringing in Shaw and keeping Ian Clark is huge. VAN lost Pettersson halfway through last season, so having him back will be great. Benning said they would be aggressive this off season and with a few changes, and the addition of Podkolzin - VAN is making the playoffs next season.

Edited by NUCKER67

This is a really important season because during the year we will get a much better idea what we have in OJ, Rathbone and Smidt. That's half our D. 

And then there's the expiring contract and also being able to see what we have in podkolzin

It's a really pivotal year. 

The season after this one will really tell us where we are going. 

On 6/27/2021 at 10:50 PM, erkayloomeh said:

Loss of familiarity/chemistry/stability for sure. Probably also a bit of leadership vacuum that would have been far harder to fill with all the Covid protocols highly limiting out of the rink bonding time.

We have a bunch of green kids expected to drive the bus here, that had no real preseason and basically no practice time the first month as well.

Hughes in particular lost his stabilizing partner, and his replacement had a year of rust, no preseason an even less practice time... Then (unsurprisingly) got hurt. Fortunately, the two looked much better as Hamonic shook off the rust and the gained familiarity.

Pettersson was also missing his stabilizing vet, Miller (who also looked out of sorts most of this season when he did get back), then got injured himself.

There wasn't just one thing that sank this season.

• Upvote 2

I would honestly categorize this season as a complete write off. They got screwed with the early season schedule that made them play way more games than necessary in which I doubt they had any practice time they could fit in. They lead the league in GP at all times of the season until they got their by-week, then we all know what happened after that.

Edited by Bounce000

On 7/3/2021 at 9:47 AM, NUCKER67 said:

I think the Canucks could have the biggest turn-around season. Letting Baumer go and bringing in Shaw and keeping Ian Clark is huge. VAN lost Pettersson halfway through last season, so having him back will be great. Benning said they would be aggressive this off season and with a few changes, and the addition of Podkolzin - VAN is making the playoffs next season.

Lets hope EP40 is not permanently damaged goods like Yo-Levi is after his injury.  That would be devastating!    Hopefully he is back in shape and healthy and he there are some positive re-inforcements brought on board and the old timers let go and not re-hired just because their "swell guys".   JB has to suck it up and cut the deadwood from this team once and for all.  Our 3rd and 4th lines are boat anchors as our our 3rd D pairing and in need of replacement.