The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "Hindsight is 20/20" Draft Reflection Thread

HKSR

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Every team does just that every game they have matched lines ie they look at the opponents roster and then assign who will best match up ie they assess the opponents roster. Coach , managers, scouts seriously look for the good and the bad, some times they game plan a game on the strength of one player ( McJesus ) you have to be unbiased to assess players, dreams don't cut it

That’s the view of coaches and management, because it’s their jobs.  Fans of teams belittle their rivals by pointing out the negative, especially in their younger players/prospects, in hopes for their loved team’s future to be the better one.  That’s how fans think.  What you’re projecting is the view of an opponent's Fan.  Your stating the Canucks have no decent young players/prospects is what other teams’ fans propose, because it give them hope their team will be the superior one in the near future.  

Look at the Loser Leafs, Habs, Flames, Oilers, and Jets.  Their prospect pools literally are full of bustaroos and craperolla!  

Look at the Loser Leafs, Habs, Flames, Oilers, and Jets.  Their prospect pools literally are full of bustaroos and craperolla!  

I hope so :lol:

I don't find any solace in being a cheerleader, for a start I don't have the pom poms :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 12:01 PM, Fred65 said:

Well for my Part I think that being a fan is being realistic. Many look at fan support like it was a visit to Disneyland, "when you wish upon a star" Thankfully scouts don't see it like that. Vcr has in the last couple of years been I'd guess above average but not by much. The law of average tells us  "The law of averages is a lay term used to express a belief that outcomes of a random event will “even out” within a small sample." but it's a fallacy

Strangely enough I listened to a CBC radio program Quirks and Quarks. They interviewed the author of a book "'A Series of Fortunate Events'" Sean B. Carroll  is a  Professor of Molecular Biology and Genetics at the University of  Wisconsin–Madison. A very inetresting discourse on Random Evolusion 

Do you feel lucky? A biologist explains we exist because of 'A Series of Fortunate Events' | CBC Radio

:)