The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/Det

To Det Virtanen,Schmidt,Eriksson,Ferland and 3rd rd 2021

To Van Namestikov & 1st rd 2021 (caps)

I know this is cap dump with Eriksson & Ferland but to clear those contracts, might have to toss in 5th and or 6th rd as well.

Wings also have the cap space they only have 3 d-men signed for there nhl roster, getting that extra 1st rd would be nice.

I would like to see the following:

Juolevi, #9 OA + Gadjovich 

For 

Rasmussen + #6 OA

Only if Clarke is still available at 6th.

We get our huge 3rd line center and rhd prospect, they get an nhl top 4 ready lhd with big upside, Wallstedt and Gadjovich. 

I think it suits both teams.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, WCE said:

I know this is cap dump with Eriksson & Ferland but to clear those contracts, might have to toss in 5th and or 6th rd as well.

Wings also have the cap space they only have 3 d-men signed for there nhl roster, getting that extra 1st rd would be nice.

GMY, falls out of his chair laughing

I don’t like the proposal but the idea of using Schmidt as a sweetener to move Eriksson and Ferland does intrigue me.  We would have to take cap back obviously but still.....

I likely wouldn’t do it anyways since I like Schmidt but the idea does intrigue me.

47 minutes ago, WCE said:

Those picks are basically meaningless, even if they already didn't already own multiple 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th round picks for the upcoming draft.

5 hours ago, WCE said:

So lets see if I got this. We trade a lazy player currently being investigated for sexual assault, a 6 mil player who doesnt play, a guy who cant skate for 5 minutes without going into concussion protocol, and a decent but older dman with lots of term left and they pay us Namestnikov and a 1st for the privilage of taking 18 million worth of garbage?

Sign me up. Stevie Y would probably block Jim's number though.

Wow somebody must be in dreamland or smoking some wacky tobbacky!  Lol  I'm sorry but Ferland's career is over, Ericksson's contract is too steep so no one in their right mind will touch these players!  I've always liked Jake but now that his legal situation has been resolved he needs a fresh start but it would be foolish if the Canucks just give him away and not getting a decent return!  Also I'm puzzled in how many players in the top ten are rated high or even out of the top ten by so many different draft experts!!  There's no consensus who'll be number 1 or even if top 5 or even top10!!!  I guess it'll be what teams needs or priorities might be! 

9 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

For 

Rasmussen + #6 OA

We get our huge 3rd line center and rhd prospect, they get an nhl top 4 ready lhd with big upside, Wallstedt and Gadjovich. 

Great proposal  they want there goalie and can move down to do it Rasmussen is gonna be good I can’t see Stevie y trading him he’s one of best ad identifying young talent I wish this happened tho 

9 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

For 

Rasmussen + #6 OA

Really this would be amazing.

2 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Great proposal  they want there goalie and can move down to do it Rasmussen is gonna be good I can’t see Stevie y trading him he’s one of best ad identifying young talent I wish this happened tho 

I actually think Rasmussen is going to top out at 3rd line center and I think OJ has more value.  He will be a top 4 dman for Detroit and has the hockey IQ to play both pp and pk and his ceiling is higher than Rasmussen. If we wouldn Hughes and Rathbone and Clarke weren't going to be Canucks, I would not trade OJ.  I think it's a great package for both teams' long term needs.  

Edited by Dixon Ward