The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Horvat 8 yrs 41 mill contract!!

Horvat 8yrs x 41 mill?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd rather go shorter term at a bigger cap hit, I love Horvat and I'd be happy to see him be a career Canuck, but I'm not sure how I feel about paying him roughly 6m til he's 36. A five year deal would be ideal I think. 

Edited by Coconuts

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd rather go shorter term at a bigger cap hit, I love Horvat and I'd be happy to see him be a career Canuck, but I'm not sure how I feel about paying him roughly 6m til he's 36. A five year deal would be ideal I think. 

I feel he could be like yzerman in his later years. A good 3C.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I feel he could be like yzerman in his later years. A good 3C.

I agree, but will 6m be the norm for a good 3c by the time he's in his mid 30's? The uncertainty with the cap, when it begins to go back up, and what it projects to be in the coming years gives me pause. 

Not sure I'd give eight years to anyone but Pettersson or Boeser at this point. Maybe Hughes. 

Edited by Coconuts

12 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I agree, but will 6m be the norm for a good 3c by the time he's in his mid 30's? The uncertainty with the cap, when it begins to go back up, and what it projects to be in the coming years gives me pause. 

Not sure I'd give eight years to anyone but Pettersson or Boeser at this point. Maybe Hughes. 

this.

the owners could ask to adjust the CBA/MOA (there is a clause if the league loses money in back to back years based on good faith). I'm Pretty sure the owners don't want 8 year contracts, Plus as it stands were looking at 1 M raises in the upper limit and i think the owners don't want that yet either.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Would you canuck fans be okay with the exact same deal that RNH got from edmonton today for Horvat when we try and re-sign him. 28 yrs old to 36 yrs old. Forever a canuck? 

I wouldn't go over 5 or 6 years Max on Bo's next deal personally.

This is a no brainer.

Horvat at 8 by 5.1 is a bargain.  He is the Captain and the rest of the young core is younger than he is.

No brainer.

Bo. Do it and Canuck nation will love you forever when you bring back three cups in 2023 and 2026 and 2029!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

If I was Horvat, I would ask for at least 7M or walk. RNH just wanted to stay in edm and took a team friendly deal

They have the best player in the league and didn't do jack.. neither did Tor. It's a team gane. Not a super horse game. 

Bo is underrated. But could be revolutionary as being the B- rating Captain compared to Mcidiot and such, but will a well balanced, optimized team. I see the makings. 

Hes gonna do great things 

I'm sure it would be tempting,  but I suspect his agent would be telling him to hold tight until he's UFA in what, 2 years.   By then the cap would likely be on the verge of going back up and BoHo would be in his absolute prime.  He'd be a highly, highly sought after commodity and could potentially cash in on a career defining contract.