The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4 Young Studs across the NHL

On 6/30/2021 at 6:43 PM, Viper007 said:

+1 on this.

People weren't complaining about QH in the playoffs.  And it's more physical then.  Everybody is bashing his defensive play on this year.  When you're going up against McDavid or Matthews 2/5 of the season, let's see how those other defensemen will fair.  I doubt their stats would be as good.

Every division had their good-great teams.   Feel that the cali and ARI teams offered the lowest of the low though.  COL and Vegas,  no wonder they ended up tied in points feasting on four teams like that.   MTL barely beating TO and going to the final says enough about our division last year.   Seattle most certainly will be > then ARI... won't be easy this year but a little easier. 

On 6/30/2021 at 12:00 AM, PunjabiCanucks said:

Chabot and Trouba are younger dmen is signed at 8M, Hedman falls below at an AAV, Petry at 6.25M

Now with Makar, Hieskanin,Hughes, and Fox able to sign extensions what should they get....

Fox has one more year in his ELC- yet just won the Norris.

Makar and Heiskanen are more well rounded dmen.

While Hughes lacks on defence in his game, he is an offensive powerhouse... personally

1)Makar,

2)Fox

3)  Hughes 

4) Heiskanen

I believe all GMs are waiting to see what the other player signs for before they pull the plug.

Makar imo deserves 8M (if it wasnt for a flat cap he may get more).

Fox should get a similar contract....

Hughes imo should take a 7M x 8 yr deal, ideally 6.75M - now its hard to do that with Myers and Schmidt making 6M themselves....

Heiskanen should command the same as Hughes imo

--

what are your guys thoughts, do these 4 studs deserve more then Chabot (Canadian team comparable), or more then Hedman (Who pays less tax at the end of the day). Should they say they are Josi / Pietranglo level and command near 9M

Personally i think your underranking Heiskanen and Fox's sample size is pretty darn small although so far very impressive.   Heiskanen was the Conn Smythe favourite for Dallas going into last years cup final.   Seems to have the "it" factor when it matters the most, had a down year.    Of all the "next Lidstrom's" so far he's the guy.   Makar is tough to rank given he's feeding one of the best teams in the league.  How many points would QHs have playing there?   Do think QHs of the group, would put up the most points if any of these guys were on COL or TB.   

1. Fox   (for now, a Norris is a Norris, even if they aren't all created equal - that's you Perfect Human). 

2.  Heiskanen ( of the group he's the most rounded) 

3. QHs/Makar - tie.  Like i said above, if QHs played in COL he'd be over a PGP.   And challenging for a top ten scoring spot line EK, Potvin, Coffey, Orr did three or more times.