The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks working on Duncan Keith trade to Pacific Northwest or Western Canada

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

If it's not cap for cap, EDM is out. They can't afford to do that.

Has to be SEA then.

The problem for Chicago isn't next season, it's the season after. At the end of next season, they have to extend:

Kubalik

Dach

Boqvist

Lankinen

Strome

Kurashev

These 6 players combined make less than $10.5M right now. In 2022-23, it will be considerably higher. 

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If it's not cap for cap, EDM is out. They can't afford to do that.

I just don't see the appeal of Neal in CHI, not for two years. 

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Has to be SEA then.

yup. CHI ends up paying something to move him there I bet. 

Posted (edited)

Won’t want this trade to happen before the expansion draft. With his NMC, would be forced to protect him, leaving OJ possibly exposed. Pretty sure Chicago wants to unload his contract before the ED. Honestly just stay the course and don’t take anymore contracts as Keith has two years left.

Would have to be a sweetener that gives Jim diabetes to make it happen.

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, D-Money said:

The problem for Chicago isn't next season, it's the season after. At the end of next season, they have to extend:

Kubalik

Dach

Boqvist

Lankinen

Strome

Kurashev

These 6 players combined make less than $10.5M right now. In 2022-23, it will be considerably higher. 

Yeah, I'm suggesting it's a problem for Edmonton. They don't have the cap space to take on Keith without sending cap back.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I just don't see the appeal of Neal in CHI, not for two years. 

Nor do I. But if it's too make Keith happy and maybe gain an asset in the process, to take Neal back... Maybe there could have been a deal there?

But with reportedly wanting to actually clear his cap ... There's no way EDM is in a position to do that.

• Hydration 1
19 hours ago, SNuck said:

Benning - Our defense moving forward... we're looking for size and strength. Right now with Hughes, Schmidt, and Rathbone, we have enough guys that skate well and move the puck out.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

He looks washed up and over paid. No one wants him without an incredible sweetener. Question is....do the Hawks realize they are in a position of incredible weakness in their efforts to trade him?

18 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I don't agree, I think that was a very very deep chicago team during his best years. I also think to be labeled the best, You have to display you can excel in more then just the scoresheet.
I'm picking weber over keith at any point in their careers personally 

I hated those Chicago teams but anyone would have to be clueless to not think Keith was one of the top 5 dman for the course of a decade.  

Weber was probably even better.  People have no idea just how perfect a dman Weber was in his prime.. everything you could want in a hockey player and captain. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Washed up is the last thing this guy is. Looks like he hasn’t showered in months…

370C2671-7D71-4B27-89C1-D796E698A010.jpeg

seriously how is that not a drunk and disorderly mug shot from the Kelowna PD? 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Greaseball Jesus.

Turns water into bong water.

he looks like the guy you'd expect to know how to get cigarettes in prison 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

I hated those Chicago teams but anyone would have to be clueless to not think Keith was one of the top 5 dman for the course of a decade.  

Weber was probably even better.  People have no idea just how perfect a dman Weber was in his prime.. everything you could want in a hockey player and captain. 

He could be number 2 for all i care. My only argument is weber > keith in the last decade

Posted (edited)

It would have to be retained dollars and draft capital for the canucks to even consider.  At least then the canucks can use the draft capital as currency to send a bad contract in a trade.

Edited by amplified0ne
1 minute ago, amplified0ne said:

It would have to be retained dollars and draft capital for the canucks to even consider.  At least then the canucks can use the draft capital as currency to send a bad contract in a trade.

Then hell is “Draft capital” bud?

keith makes ZERO sense for the canucks to trade for, He is complete garbage now too.

And &^@# this piece of $&!# for what he did to Danny. &^@# this guy!

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
22 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I think Keith is from Winnipeg?

I think you're right, but there was a point made about Keith's son living in Penticton so if that was a driving force behind why he might waive his NMC (aside from the potential cap savings angle from the Blackhawks' standpoint), then Winnipeg seems a bit too far away.  Could definitely still be a possibility though.

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Benning - Our defense moving forward... we're looking for size and strength. Right now with Hughes, Schmidt, and Rathbone, we have enough guys that skate well and move the puck out.

Zadorov

Graves

Tryamkin

Problem solved.

If I understand correctly and please correct me if I’m wrong… Tryamkin can be a Canucks near the end of the next season?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Washed up is the last thing this guy is. Looks like he hasn’t showered in months…

370C2671-7D71-4B27-89C1-D796E698A010.jpeg

If that guy wasn’t a hockey player, he’d be a serial killer.

Edited by Me_
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Zadorov

Graves

Tryamkin

Problem solved.

If I understand correctly and please correct me if I’m wrong… Tryamkin can be a Canucks near the end of the next season?

He signed a 2 year deal in the KHL I believe. Regardless, I think Benning burnt that bridge already. Tryamkin signed until he is a UFA I believe. He will probably try to come back to the NHL then but it wont be with Vancouver.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Vintage 1