The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks working on Duncan Keith trade to Pacific Northwest or Western Canada

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’s actually not bad in a limited bottom pairing role now and experience is always valuable.
Chicago expecting not to take money back for him is unreasonable though. 

I don’t get this take at all.

Keith averaged more TOI than any Canucks player, and Chicago finished above Vancouver. He’s far from his peak, but he’d still be at least #3 on the Canucks blueline.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, D-Money said:

I don’t get this take at all.

Keith averaged more TOI than any Canucks player, and Chicago finished above Vancouver. He’s far from his peak, but he’d still be at least #3 on the Canucks blueline.

He’d be #2 on the Oilers D, he would be a 3/4 in Van depending on how they would want to mix it up. Thankfully we’re not in the mix as he is just not a fit on our roster financially or on the ice.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He’d be #2 on the Oilers D, he would be a 3/4 in Van depending on how they would want to mix it up. Thankfully we’re not in the mix as he is just not a fit on our roster financially or on the ice.

I actually think he’d fit quite well. Think of something like this:

To VAN: Keith + Subban

To CHI: Holtby + Roussel + Juolevi

The concern for Vancouver is cap this season. The concern for Chicago is cap in 2022-23. This would address both needs. Also saves Vancouver ownership a ton of cash, since Holtby is paid $5.7M in salary this year.

As for on the ice, Keith is a decent upgrade on Edler. And really, I think the defence as a whole could use a fresh start. There’s a new associate coach, and having a new “leader” for the D-corps who knows what it takes to win could be a nice touch.

Edited by D-Money
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 4

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Bringing in a guy with serious character issues to be a "leader" had been tried before.  It didn't work out well.

Keith is well liked by teammates and has no serious character issues. 

9 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I am not familiar with his character issues. What are they?

Google the issues with female reporters, his chirping after a player is concussed, and his gutless cheap shot on Daniel.  He'd be the second coming of Messier here.  Not welcome.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Google the issues with female reporters, his chirping after a player is concussed, and his gutless cheap shot on Daniel.  He'd be the second coming of Messier here.  Not welcome.

I didn't know about the female reporter that's low. 

Wakey wakey Backes and his elbow is no worse than say hi to Kelly for me or other cheap shots over the years....Torres on Seabrook.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

Kypreos was claiming that its Keith to the Oilers and Larsson to Vancouver.  

Strange move for the Oilers unless they are resigned to not being able to resign Larsson.  Don't hate us getting him tho, the right kinda player to pair with Hughes / Rathbone on a pair for sure. His form this year was pretty good, tho not without his struggles in Edmonton. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Strange move for the Oilers unless they are resigned to not being able to resign Larsson.  Don't hate us getting him tho, the right kinda player to pair with Hughes / Rathbone on a pair for sure. His form this year was pretty good, tho not without his struggles in Edmonton. 

How would we be in talks with him already? It’s not even free agency.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

How would we be in talks with him already? It’s not even free agency.

No clue, Kyper brings the crazy alright - he has broke a few moves in the past tho.  I imagine the 'source' is actually that Vancouver intends to aggressively pursue Larsson and that the EDM and CHI are talking the Keith trade, making the former more likely.

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

For once, I hope Kypreos is right :lol:

Perhaps he means we'd be trading for his rights... Shouldn't be more than a mid/late pick (or similar) at this point.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Cone to think of it...

I wonder if, given the Schmidt rumors...

Schmidt +/- to EDM for the rights to Larsson and 20 OA...

huh. Thats interesting, but that doesn't feel like a Holland move to me, he's a pretty conservative dude. I'd be pretty happy about it though.