The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Blackhawks working on Duncan Keith trade to Pacific Northwest or Western Canada

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When I first heard that Jones was available, I looked online for information on the guy. CanucksArmy wrote a solid article on Jones. 

Why the Vancouver Canucks should absolutely not trade for Seth Jones (canucksarmy.com)

I used to find their stuff super biased, but once J.D. Burke left, they vastly improved. Solid article. 

i don't think it's just that JD left - and I don't think JD has a lot of inherit bias either. like I know that this past week while there was an insane portion of the fanbase going off about missing on Caufield, JD was defending the process/decision making behind taking Podkolzin. 

I think what's happened is that every year, analytics are becoming easier to interpret and relate to what we see on the ice. It's not just basic corsi stats. I'd say maybe since ~2018, CA stuff has been a lot better but I usually only read Dayal stuff for analytics stuff still. 

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think it's either the Oilers or the Kraken.

Oilers likely take him for free or close to it. Seattle would want a significant pick. 

I could see Holland wanting to pair up Keith with Bear. Not the bear we'd all want to see, but still. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The anger that uttering Keith's name still generates is amusing. 

I do feel a little more like vomiting than I did a while ago.

but then, I just read the Cosby news, too :sick:

• Cheers 1

Sounds like he's just putting his feelers out there, advertising his possible availability. They mentioned he would like to be closer to Penticton makes me think Canucks, but I can't see Benning trading for a 38 year old with a bad rep here. He would have to pull off some magical s*** to make this acceptable.

Makes me think: If the rumour is that Keith wants to be close to Penticton, watch Treliving make the trade, thinking he beat Benning to it  :bigblush:

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Vegas would make much more sense. It would make the most sense if, Chicago has an agreement with Keith, to waive his NMC for the expansion draft, and that they are sending a draft pick or another prospect to Vegas as a thank-you for taking the contract.

As @Alflives mentioned, Edmonton does make sense with James Neal going back. I've heard that Edmonton wants to move Neal this offseason. Also Klefbom might be out longer than thought, may not be back until well into next season. That leaves Nurse and Russell on that LD side. Holland wants a veteran LD as well. Neal for Keith makes sense. Seattle make sense if they get a sweetener they like. Calgary I don't see it unless it's Lucic for Keith and Calgary thinks Keith may offer more than Lucic. 

Vancouver makes zero sense nor do I see a fit for Keith here. 

Edited by KariyaSakicAnderson
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

As @Alflives mentioned, Edmonton does make sense with James Neal going back. I've heard that Edmonton wants to move Neal this offseason. Also Klefbom might be out longer than thought, may not be back until well into next season. That leaves Nurse and Russell on that LD side. Holland wants a veteran LD as well. Neal for Keith makes sense. Seattle make sense if they get a sweetener they like. Calgary I don't see it unless it's Lucic for Keith and Calgary thinks Keith may offer more than Lucic. 

Vancouver makes zero sense nor do I see a fit for Keith here. 

Neal for Keith is actually a really good trade. Edmonton doesn't need any more forwards for that first PP unit but probably need to replace Barrie's pp role. 

Neal and Keith are both some of the worst ES players in the league. Believable 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

Neal for Keith is actually a really good trade. Edmonton doesn't need any more forwards for that first PP unit but probably need to replace Barrie's pp role. 

Neal and Keith are both some of the worst ES players in the league. Believable 

To me this makes the most sense. Both players have same term almost same aav.

As you mentioned horrible ES players.

Keith may perform better in Edmonton as he'd play a lot less minutes per game then he does in Chicago (23+). 

• Cheers 1