The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Bos trading for Lauzon before getting taken in the expansion draft

Vancouver trades

Juolevi

Jett Woo

2022 2nd round pick 

Boston trades 

Jeremy Lauzon 

Boston does this to get some assets before losing Lauzon for nothing 

Vancouver does this to add a young top 4 defenseman still on the last year of his rookie deal that is only 24 and can play RD or LD and is a shutdown defenseman that likes to hit and averaged just under 19 minutes a game last season 

• Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Massive overpayment

how is that?

Boston will want a 2nd, prospect and a player that can play but also be used in the expansion draft and Woo is an unknown right now and Lauzon plays big minutes, outplayed Carlo this past season and is on a ELC that's why it's going to cost that much 

1 minute ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

how is that?

Boston will want a 2nd, prospect and a player that can play but also be used in the expansion draft and Woo is an unknown right now and Lauzon plays big minutes, outplayed Carlo this past season and is on a ELC that's why it's going to cost that much 

Just because that's what they want doesn't mean we should be willing to give it up.  That's a lot of future to give up.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Just because that's what they want doesn't mean we should be willing to give it up.  That's a lot of future to give up.

Vancouver isn't going to be the only team kicking the tires on Lauzon you know

Juolevi is at best a #6 or #7 that has to play sheltered minutes and has been leaped frog by Rathbone

Woo had a good last season but he wasn't playing against the AHL's best because most of the AHL's best players were on NHL taxi squads

2nd round pick is the part I am the most hesitant to part with but if the Canucks want a top 4 RD/LD that can play 20 minutes a game and lead Boston defence in hits and 2nd in block shots all on a ELC then this is how a team like the Canucks gets better by using their assets to get a better asset at a 800k cap hit

Edited by IjustNEEDaTROYgamble

3 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

everyone do your own research on Lauzon and his numbers

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/l/lauzoje01.html

I’m going to assume that these numbers will form the basis of a man crush.

I’m just not sure the B’s are going to be able to extract the haul you are suggesting nor am I super pumped about sending out two potential 5/6/7 D who are relatively cost controlled for the next few years.

The player himself holds some intrigue. The deal you suggest is too rich in my opinion.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Didn't he struggle a bit in this year's playoffs?  I remember seeing him being kind of a whipping boy for B's fans this year

he's 24 and this was his 2nd playoffs in the NHL and 1st playing over 15 minutes a game but he outplayed Carlo this past season. 

7 minutes ago, zimmy said:

I’m going to assume that these numbers will form the basis of a man crush.

I’m just not sure the B’s are going to be able to extract the haul you are suggesting nor am I super pumped about sending out two potential 5/6/7 D who are relatively cost controlled for the next few years.

The player himself holds some intrigue. The deal you suggest is too rich in my opinion.

these numbers prove what I am posting and show Lauzon is a younger Tanev that could play with Hughes for the next 5 years. 

Teams don't just give you young top 4 defenseman on ELC's for nothing and giving up Woo and Juolevi is not very much specially since one can't crack the lineup and the other has had 2 bad years in Jr before this past year in Utica. 

Just because Woo is the Canucks #1 defensive prospect in Utica doesn't mean he is the next Rathbone or Hughes. A good GM will use his assets to get better assets and not let them depreciate.

I bet most people on here have never heard of Lauzon which is the people crying "overpayment" when in capfriendly everyone has posted it's as even as a deal both teams are going to get.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/472718

30 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

how is that?

It doesn't matter what Boston wants, Seattle may just get him for free.    
This isn't going to be an ordinary trade reflective of his value either -- it needs to be Vancouver weaponizing a lower draft pick to get someone they can protect (hence partly why Nashville sold so low on Arvidsson -- you don't get a top-6 player normally for a 2nd and 4th).
There's no way Boston only protects 4 forwards to protect Lauzon as an extra D, so McAvoy/ Carlo/ Grzelcyk are the 3 Boston protects on the back end.  With that, Boston has no leverage - either they get lowballed to recoup some value or risk him getting picked for nothing.  That's how it's going to be for all teams around the league, so don't expect much more than 3rd or 4th round picks in the bidding "war" for him.  

Edited by Phil_314
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

It doesn't matter what Boston wants, Seattle may just get him for free.    
This isn't going to be an ordinary trade reflective of his value either -- it needs to be Vancouver weaponizing a lower draft pick to get someone they can protect (hence partly why Nashville sold so low on Arvidsson).
There's no way Boston only protects 4 forwards to protect Lauzon as an extra D, so McAvoy/ Carlo/ Grzelcyk are the 3 Boston protects on the back end.  With that, Boston has no leverage - either they get lowballed to recoup some value or risk him getting picked for nothing.  That's how it's going to be for all teams around the league, so don't expect much more than 3rd or 4th round picks in the bidding "war" for him.  

watch people like Friedman are going to be bringing up Lauzon that there is numerous teams kicking the tires like the Oilers, Senators and any other team with a $&!#ty defense and Boston could trade a pick to Seattle for them to take DeBrusk

10 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

these numbers prove what I am posting and show Lauzon is a younger Tanev that could play with Hughes for the next 5 years. 

Teams don't just give you young top 4 defenseman on ELC's for nothing and giving up Woo and Juolevi is not very much specially since one can't crack the lineup and the other has had 2 bad years in Jr before this past year in Utica. 

Just because Woo is the Canucks #1 defensive prospect in Utica doesn't mean he is the next Rathbone or Hughes. A good GM will use his assets to get better assets and not let them depreciate.

I bet most people on here have never heard of Lauzon which is the people crying "overpayment" when in capfriendly everyone has posted it's as even as a deal both teams are going to get.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/472718

You’d better hope the B’s management doesn’t read your reviews of OJ and Jett. Not ringing endorsements.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

LoL this is the same front office that traded Dougie Hamilton and Tyler Seguin 

Occasional incompetence can not be predicted I’m afraid. (and they’re not the same front offices either)

Edited by zimmy
  • Cheers 1