The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Agressive offseason #2 the Vancouver Lightning

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It would be neat to see a trade proposal that doesn't include any TB players. Just because that team is having great success TOGETHER these days, doesn't mean one or two of them will be great here. Plus, acquiring any Lightning player will be very expensive.

horvat is no stamkos, but killorn has a nice AAV and perfect term. adding cup players has never been a terrible thing, pretty safe. and any player we sign will have the great unknown so to me being a former TBL player has little to do with it.

honestly the big thing in this proposal is hamilton everyone else can be substituted. But i really like killorn and don't think we can get a better player for less. i would still be ok with offering a second rounder for a player like duclair.

maybe we can trade with seattle for Lauzon for rathbone. I know it hurts but I just don't think rathbone and quinn can be on the same team. we will get man handled in the playoffs.

Very Aggressive. That would be a very good line-up. I don’t think JB gets that busy but should be interesting! I’m starting to get restless for some real moves. Petey and Hughes contracts for starters 

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i thought about that, but just forgot to add it to my proposal. are contract options still legal?

we could sign savard to a 1 year deal with a option for a 3 year extension with a total of 13.05m and a AAV of 3.2625

Year 1 1.85

Year 2 2.5 

Year 3 2M signing bonus+4.5

Year 4 2.2m

Even if signing bonuses are legal, I doubt he signs for that low of an AAV.  Flat cap aside he probably still gets paid esp. after (barring an epic collapse) winning the Cup, plus guys at his position come at a premium.  He was already $4.25 million this season, so even a modest raise probably gets him closer to $5 IMO.  If Benning could pull off what you said then I'm all for it, but I'm just not holding onto hope.  

13 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Here is a hint

Tampa is not dressing him at all

Foote is slow a foot, and not mean at all like his dad

he's also 22 so that doesn't mean much to me. we dressed rathbone for 8 games, and he's the same age. he's a monster and actually played :38 of pk time for TBL. and if he can play 12-15 minutes next year thats great! and also looks like he's not afraid to throw down, he's not looking for a fight but he's not going to get edlered. 5.18 hits/60 is pretty respectable and would have been the highest on our team this year! That number may improve with more confidence as he gets stronger. (Yes I believe he will get stronger, he's only 22)

The more i look into him the more i like him, honestly I think killorn was the big piece to the trade.

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Even if signing bonuses are legal, I doubt he signs for that low of an AAV.  Flat cap aside he probably still gets paid esp. after (barring an epic collapse) winning the Cup, plus guys at his position come at a premium.  He was already $4.25 million this season, so even a modest raise probably gets him closer to $5 IMO.  If Benning could pull off what you said then I'm all for it, but I'm just not holding onto hope.  

no way. I'm not going to trade away myers to sign david savard, who is a 4/5 dman for 5 million. and no way he's worth more than Tanev. Tanev can play 20+ minutes

Edited by Petey_BOI

6 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

the color blue seems to be non-toxic for both dark and classic theme. but its a compromise and 90% of the people will suffer for 10%.

I think you really blue it with this post

Edited by CaptKirk888
  • Haha 1

I truely appreciate the work that has gone into this.

I think that moving Rathbone may be considered a bad move by many because he still has that shine of a brand new toy barely out of his packaging and hasn't fallen back to real life as an actual day to day NHl player yet and CDC does overvalue it's prospects but I agree that he is a trade chip that could be in play for the right return.

The problem being that he may not be well known enough by a lot of teams. I wonder if Rathbone and Motte for Foote and Killorn is value enough for Tampa unless there are other dynamics at work here that I have missed.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I truely appreciate the work that has gone into this.

I think that moving Rathbone may be considered a bad move by many because he still has that shine of a brand new toy barely out of his packaging and hasn't fallen back to real life as an actual day to day NHl player yet and CDC does overvalue it's prospects but I agree that he is a trade chip that could be in play for the right return.

The problem being that he may not be well known enough by a lot of teams. I wonder if Rathbone and Motte for Foote and Killorn is value enough for Tampa unless there are other dynamics at work here that I have missed.

it allows them to protect 3 extra forwards instead of foote and killorn. 

what tampa would do then is either send motte to seattle for to keep the players they want or.... even better protect all the good cheap forwards and the stars. point,stamkos,cirelli,motte,palat and maroon. that leaves gourde johnson and mcdonagh or they can offer sheet a RFA like ross with their pick (still need to give compensation)

so that will solve all their cap problems without trading away a 1st for johnson. so technically they gain a 1st round pick if they make this trade. it really will piss off seattle which i like because they're our newest rivals.

and again i love killorn and think foote could be a great journeyman which i'm fine turning rathbone into foote if it means we get to compete for a cup next year.

edit: also our players should be roster players because of their great cap hits 2.1m motte could be a great goodrow replacement and obviously rathbone replaces mcdonagh on the left side. and they will have 4.5 million dollars to replace 1 forwards and 1 defenceman and a 20 man roster. they could resign savard at the 1.85mx1 if coleman wants to come back for a 1 year deal at 1.5m then that leaves 1m for a depth/21st player.

they have to shed 10M some how might as well give it to us instead of seattle.

Edited by Petey_BOI
  • Like 1

Aggressive off-season:

1) Eriksson + 9OA for E.Kane

2) Miller and Schmidt for Reinhart and Montour

3) Sign Adam Larsson

5) Holtby and ??? for Debrusk and Jeremy Swayman

E.Kane-Pettersson-Boeser

Debrusk-Horvat-Podkolzin

Pearson-Reinhart-Hoglander

Motte-Lind-MacEwen

Hughes-Larsson

Rathbone-Montour

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Swayman

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Aggressive off-season:

3) Sign Adam Larsson

E.Kane-Pettersson-Boeser

Debrusk-Horvat-Podkolzin

Motte-Lind-MacEwen

Hughes-Larsson

Rathbone-Montour

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Swayman

PB you sure are persistent.  :frantic:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Aggressive off-season:

3) Sign Adam Larsson

E.Kane-Pettersson-Boeser

Debrusk-Horvat-Podkolzin

Motte-Lind-MacEwen

Hughes-Larsson

Rathbone-Montour

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Swayman

I like #1 and believe this is exactly fair value.

#2 seems like a sideways move

#3 sounds great, i like Larrson more than Savard.

#5 Holtby, Rathbone and a second?

#6 Sign Hakanpaa

• Cheers 2