[Proposal] Van/Min

10 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Minnesota recieves:

9OA

Gadjovich

Vancouver recieves:

Jordan Greenway

21OA

Get a good big 24 yr old LW putting up good points to be on podz line on a decent deal.

Draft Corson Ceulemans at 21 whos the second best rated  RHD in the draft.

YES
Please. Make it happen. 

Would also help MIN with the Expansion Draft? They wouldn't have to lose Greenway for nothing or use a spot to protect him.  I like this a lot. Canucks could still get a real good player at #21. 

Greenway - Horvat - Podkolzin

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Would also help MIN with the Expansion Draft? They wouldn't have to lose Greenway for nothing or use a spot to protect him.  I like this a lot. Canucks could still get a real good player at #21. 

Greenway - Horvat - Podkolzin

Yeah this would basically solve their expansion draft issues. They can protect Dumba. 

We might need a little more tbh - I think the price for Greenway is probably our 1st + a prospect, without a 1st coming back, but we'll see i guess. I don't think we'd be the only bidders for Greenway, especially considering the value of his contract for next year. 

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Sounds like Greenway might be left unprotected. If thats the case i cant see them wanting another Tuch misstep happening. You know that still has to hurt losing Tuch.

Yeah if they can't get Parise to waive his NMC, and if they decide to protect Dumba, Greenway probably gets left unprotected.

I think he's probably the best target we can go after given his age, price of his contract, and the fact he could be an effective top 6 for us. 
Not to mention, it'd be inexpensive enough for us to go and get another good top 9 who can score, and we can roll 3 lines.

Greenway-Petey-Boeser
Hoglander-Horvat-Pearson
Top 9-Miller-Podkolzin
Motte-Beagle-Highmore

Add a proper defensive partner for Hughes (Larsson, Savard, Oleksiak), resign Edler, and next year is gonna be a lot of fun to watch.

Plus MIN jumps up 13 spots in the Draft into the Top 10! And they have the #25. And they would have a prospect in Gadj.  Good deal for MIN, and I agree with eeeergh, I think VAN should get a bit more in the deal. Even a 3rd or 4th added to the deal would help.

Edited by NUCKER67

15 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Minnesota would be far better off going to Seattle and offering their 1st round pick if Seattle takes Hartman. That way they are able to retain both Dumba and Greenway.

Sounds like seattle wants 2 firsts for that sorta thing.

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Sounds like seattle wants 2 firsts for that sorta thing.

I am sure that Seattle will always want as much as the market will bear but that may not be what they get. Personally, I don't think Minny will have any difficulty protecting Greenway and I am sure they would let Seattle know that. They could then tell Seattle they intend to trade Dumba to avoid losing him for nothing. So, Seattle do you want to select from whatever might be left over or do you want Hartman and a 1st?

55 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Sounds like Greenway might be left unprotected. If thats the case i cant see them wanting another Tuch misstep happening. You know that still has to hurt losing Tuch.

The Wild are expected to go 7 + 3.   Foligno was a UFA and his agent advised him to wait after expansion to sign an extension.  They still got him under contract before with Guerin assuring they won't lose him in expansion which strongly suggests the 7 + 3 approach.

Greenway, Eriksson Ek, Fiala, Foligno, Parise, Zuccarello + 1 spot still open for probably Hartman who they just extended.

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I am sure that Seattle will always want as much as the market will bear but that may not be what they get. Personally, I don't think Minny will have any difficulty protecting Greenway and I am sure they would let Seattle know that. They could then tell Seattle they intend to trade Dumba to avoid losing him for nothing. So, Seattle do you want to select from whatever might be left over or do you want Hartman and a 1st?

The Wild just extended Hartman.   Don't see them giving up a 1st when Dumba probably wouldn't even return a 1st.  They tried to trade him last off-season and the returns were underwhelming.

1 minute ago, mll said:

The Wild just extended Hartman.   Don't see them giving up a 1st when Dumba probably wouldn't even return a 1st.  They tried to trade him last off-season and the returns were underwhelming.

Yeah, I was only using Hartman as an example of what Minny would consider doing to ensure they do not lose Greenway. We seem to have a lot of posters thinking it will be easy to poach players like Greenway when, in actuality, it won't be. I agree with you about Dumba though and they may be content to lose him in the expansion draft.

3 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Minnesota recieves:

9OA

Gadjovich

Vancouver recieves:

Jordan Greenway

21OA

Get a good big 24 yr old LW putting up good points to be on podz line on a decent deal.

Draft Corson Ceulemans at 21 whos the second best rated  RHD in the draft.

1146e314532cc6397940acd6312a52ac?s=48&d= 
By Aaron Heckmann - June 4, 2021

Just over a year ago, Bill Guerin expressed his disappointment with Jordan Greenway.

In an exit meeting with the young forward, Guerin told Greenway he needed to develop a better work ethic in the offseason and come back to camp in better shape.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, mll said:

I still believe they would protect Dumba over Greenway.  Which is their likely dilemma?

And I am not against Greenway.  But suggest we are offering way  too much in the OP proposal.

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I still believe they would protect Dumba over Greenway.  Which is their likely dilemma?

And I am not against Greenway.  But suggest we are offering way  too much in the OP proposal.

Guerin said he didn't think he had to ask anyone to waive their NMCs for expansion.  Maybe that changes but till then the 7 + 3 looks to be the most likely.

Guerin assured that he has absolutely no intention in losing Foligno in expansion.  He was a priority to extend ahead of him hitting UFA. "[These are] important guys to have," said Guerin. "When a team has a guy like this, they try to lock him up. There just aren’t that many of them out there."

Parise and Zuccarello have NMCs.  Eriksson Ek and Fiala logically take the next 2 spots in a 4 + 4 scenario, which would leave Foligno exposed.  So if they have to protect 5 they can protect 7 which would include Greenway.

Out of their top-4 Ds, Dumba is the most expendable.  He also doesn't have an NMC unlike the 3 others.  Dumba is a UFA in 2 seasons and with long term contracts to Brodin, Spurgeon, Sutter at over 21M already it feels unlikely that they will extend him.

The Wild really don't have a lot of cap space this off-season already.  Losing Dumba to expansion would help.  Would guess that they are looking to trade him now already but not easy to move a 6M contract.  Seattle could pick him and flip him further with retention which the Wild can't really do for cap reasons.

Those comments were after the bubble.  Guerin went on to explain that they will help him figure it out because his tool set is so tantalising and he could become an important part of their team.  To Greenway's credit he took it to heart.  He came back early to Minnesota to work with their crew and was in excellent shape at camp.  It was visible how much leaner he looked.  He started the season strong but his performance became more uneven as the season went on.

Not sure where they stand on him.  Several teams mentioned that this season was particularly hard on players outside of the rink given how tight protocols are - could have impacted his performance.

Guerin is looking to build an elite contender and players are under evaluation as they continue to build.  He fits the age group of the players they are building around.  If they trade him might be them looking to get value before other teams figure out that he won't be the player they think he should.

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2021 at 10:52 AM, Bertuzzipunch said:

Minnesota recieves:

9OA

Gadjovich

Vancouver recieves:

Jordan Greenway

21OA

Draft Corson Ceulemans at 21 whos the second best-rated RHD in the draft. I think the value is good but if we're moving the 9th I hope it's in a package for Reinhart and Risto, the latter if Nate actually gets moved.

We really need an elite playmaker on Horvat's line and with Sam being a centre it also opens up other possibilities. Risto sounds like the type of D Benning wants to target, he's a risk but every sabre D looks terrible, I think he could really turn it around away from Buffalo. 

On 7/3/2021 at 10:57 AM, Bertuzzipunch said:

Maybe they like someone in the top of the draft?

It’s nice in theory but the Wild have already begun their ascension.  I don’t think they’d be looking to trade up at this point, but rather, would be looking to build upon what was a fairly successful season.