The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you enjoy scary movies? What movies have you seen that you enjoyed but took a while to shake? I would love to hear some of your more offbeat or lesser-known ones as well.

I’ll start off with a jump-scare short that got the hair on the back of my standing.

• Vintage 1

The original Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) is a master piece for horror movies for me. 

Texas Chain Saw Massacre 2 is my unapologetically favorite comedy of all time. Chop Top and chain saw boners... *chefs kiss*. Also the biggest change in direction in a franchise ever between 1 and 2?

• Vintage 2

When I was younger Candyman terrified me.  

Blair Witch and 28 Days Later in my teens. 

Lately Hereditary I enjoyed.  I'd like to see that Censorship movie as well.

• Hydration 3

the grudge creeped the hell outta me 2004 one, new ones cgi looks awful, the ring 2002, heard the asian ones are better still havent checked em out, the first conjuring i liked, newest ones alright.

• Hydration 2

Mate I remember being stoned outa my mind at the drive in and watching A Nightmare on Elm Street back in the day.

Probably shoulda been wearing my depends !

• Haha 2

Most of the newer ones are formulaic. Nothing particularly new....although I give The Cabin in the Woods props for turning the genre a bit on it's head...

The Exorcist started the demon possession thing and although it's actually pretty tame by today's standards, I remember the stir it caused when it was first released.

That being said, the one that hit me hardest was the original Evil Dead.....

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

The Omen

This movie also freaked me out as a kid. I saw it right around the time people were telling me that there actually was a heaven and hell.

I was like ' sooo, this crap could happen?!?!!' 

• Vintage 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

michaelmyersgifs.gif

John Carpenter was wanting to do a sequel to Black Christmas.  I *think* he reworked it into Halloween when he was unable to do that.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1