The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why we are never in the conversation for big name trades in the Benning era?

Rate this topic

Just now, Wayne Glensky said:

I’m am backing my statements up, but clearly its not satisfying your needs. What more do you want from me. And I said that because that’s what you are acting like. Take 5 pal. 

Given I asked you a question you were unwilling to answer, you weren't willing to back your statements up. :)

Oh, and checkmate. ;)

7 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

I wasn’t even talking about the sedins.... I made a statement saying that any player in the NHL just playing for a pay check doesn’t deserve to play in the NHL. And typical CDC just explodes. You all talk like it’s okay if we don’t win a cup. Yah some of the greats never won a cup, but as a coach would you tell your guys,” it’s okay, Dionne and LaFontaine never won a cup so don’t worry if you don’t”. 

You’re describing the Leaf guys, who wanted the big paycheque to brag about more than sacrificing for their team.  

6 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

I wasn’t even talking about the sedins.... I made a statement saying that any player in the NHL just playing for a pay check doesn’t deserve to play in the NHL. And typical CDC just explodes. You all talk like it’s okay if we don’t win a cup. Yah some of the greats never won a cup, but as a coach would you tell your guys,” it’s okay, Dionne and LaFontaine never won a cup so don’t worry if you don’t”. 

I would hazard a guess that every single guy to lace up skates has dreams of winning the Stanley Cup. It isn’t and never will be attainable for all of them. I would also say that with a few possible exceptions every single player is also playing for a paycheque. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

I don’t get why you say CDC explodes, it just seems like some people are questioning your views. That’s what this forum is about. You have your views on Benning and ownership and you’re perfectly entitled to them and even though I might disagree, I’m still interested in why you feel a certain way.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I would hazard a guess that every single guy to lace up skates has dreams of winning the Stanley Cup. It isn’t and never will be attainable for all of them. I would also say that with a few possible exceptions every single player is also playing for a paycheque. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

I don’t get why you say CDC explodes, it just seems like some people are questioning your views. That’s what this forum is about. You have your views on Benning and ownership and you’re perfectly entitled to them and even though I might disagree, I’m still interested in why you feel a certain way.

Yeah, I honestly think if someone gets offended over a simple question to the point where they feel the need to dodge, either explain it or admit that's what wasn't meant to be said and correct it 

No sense in dodging. If anything, dodging shows a lack of understanding and a vulnerability. Basically it shows weakness. It's one of the biggest mistakes people make when debating.

1 hour ago, Wayne Glensky said:

At the end of the day, it’s all about winning a cup. I don’t care what anyone says. And your logic doesn’t make any sense. The cup should be a standard when playing in the NHL. Anyone playing here only for a pay check doesn’t deserve to be in a Canuck uniform. 

I agree that for the players it's all about winning a cup that's their ultimate goal, but it is by no means the measure of a quality of a player.  I can name plenty of hall of fame players that have never won a cup, equally I can name a LOT of non-hall of fame players who have won a cup.  The Stanley cup is arguably the most difficult championship to win in major sports, probably because of how much of a complete team you need in order to win it, so to use it to measure an individual's skill or talent is a pretty weak measure.

Looking at the other trophies like the Conn Smythe, Ted Lindsay, Rocket Richard, Hart, Art ross, those are a much better measure of great individual talent and success.

1 hour ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Sorry I’m not agreeing with you. It’s an open discussion forum so that’s why I’m here. I would like the Canucks to win a cup in my lifetime. I really don’t think you care at all if they win one at all but that’s none of my business. 

The mere fact that you replied to me, shows you do care. 

So why say you don't?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Glensky said:

You aren’t even a part of this conversation. 

I thought you liked an open forum where people can read what others talk about. Likewise, a place for you to discuss your thoughts.

So you do care what people think.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, awalk said:

And as the Canucks are in the running for yet another of the most talked about players heading into free agency in Z Hyman, I wonder why this thread is still open 

Perhaps it is because the thread title is about  trades, and you are talking free agents.?

1 minute ago, awalk said:

We're in talks to trade for his rights 

I’m just glad to hear the Leafs are losing their only hard to play against top nine forward.  Lou Lam built a hard to play against Leaf’s team, and Dubas is losing all those guys.  Makes me happy to see the Leafs going backwards.  Losers since ‘67! :lol:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, awalk said:

And as the Canucks are in the running for yet another of the most talked about players heading into free agency in Z Hyman, I wonder why this thread is still open 

Nah this is just the media making stuff up.

Or is that only when it's negative Canucks news? :bigblush:

Edited by kanucks25

46 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m just glad to hear the Leafs are losing their only hard to play against top nine forward.  Lou Lam built a hard to play against Leaf’s team, and Dubas is losing all those guys.  Makes me happy to see the Leafs going backwards.  Losers since ‘67! :lol:

:bigblush:

37 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Nah this is just the media making stuff up.

Or is that only when it's negative Canucks news? :bigblush:

Only when anything bad is said about management, the players, ownership, or the team in general:ph34r:

• Haha 1