The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] A package offer of Miller and Schmid would definitely turn some heads

6 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd go for the Reinhart + Risto deal please, we'd probably have to throw a 1st or 2nd round pick in though but I'd still do it.

Reinhart is entering his prime, 25 goals last season, he'd be our new 1st line center with Petey probably shifting to the wing. Certainly an upgrade now and in the future on Miller offensively, defensively Miller should be better (and tougher) but he certainly wasn't last season. 

Ristolainen would be great alongside Hughes but he's far from the perfect big tough righty everyone thinks he is - makes a lot of slip ups defensively as well and doesn't play entirely to his size (a bit Myers-esque, probably doesn't want to hurt anyone). 

Apparently the asking price for Risto alone is only a 2nd round pick + prospect so I'm sure this could work value-wise...

Schmidt + 41 for Rhino and Risto is a fair trade.  Those two guy are coming to free agency, and have proven nothing as players yet.  

Edited by Alflives

28 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd go for the Reinhart + Risto deal please, we'd probably have to throw a 1st or 2nd round pick in though but I'd still do it.

Reinhart is entering his prime, 25 goals last season, he'd be our new 1st line center with Petey probably shifting to the wing. Certainly an upgrade now and in the future on Miller offensively, defensively Miller should be better (and tougher) but he certainly wasn't last season. 

Ristolainen would be great alongside Hughes but he's far from the perfect big tough righty everyone thinks he is - makes a lot of slip ups defensively as well and doesn't play entirely to his size (a bit Myers-esque, probably doesn't want to hurt anyone). 

Apparently the asking price for Risto alone is only a 2nd round pick + prospect so I'm sure this could work value-wise...

Pearson-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Reinhart

Roussel-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Beagle-Virtanen

Hughes-Ristolainen

Rathbone-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Holtby

This wouldn’t be half bad.  My only concern is that our size on the top 6 would take a bit of a hit in terms of having a guy like Miller creating space for Pettersson.  I don’t know if Pearson can do that.  That depth on LW is also a bit suspect unless the Canucks would consider moving Virtanen or Podkolzin to that left side.  On D, Hamonic would basically be our only shut down option.  If I understand correctly, Risto is more of an offensive defenseman, and struggles in his own end like Tyler Myers.

34 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Pearson-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Reinhart

Roussel-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Beagle-Virtanen

Hughes-Ristolainen

Rathbone-Hamonic

Juolevi-Myers

Demko

Holtby

This wouldn’t be half bad.  My only concern is that our size on the top 6 would take a bit of a hit in terms of having a guy like Miller creating space for Pettersson.  I don’t know if Pearson can do that.  That depth on LW is also a bit suspect unless the Canucks would consider moving Virtanen or Podkolzin to that left side.  On D, Hamonic would basically be our only shut down option.  If I understand correctly, Risto is more of an offensive defenseman, and struggles in his own end like Tyler Myers.

Exactly, Risto is good but he's not the shutdown guy we needed fron say Larsson/Tanev and we still desperately need this. Juolevi is the only one in this organisation's future who has a whiff of decent shutdown defensive ability. Chatfield was supposed to be Tanev 2.0 but is far too skittish (so far), we really need a big strong Larsson/Oleksiak so credit to Seattle for nabbing them.

The other answer is big Dougie Hamilton who ticks all the boxes and is pretty much elite right now, pretty close to Hedman's level but I just don't see us in the market for a true defensive star like him sadly.

• Upvote 1