The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Positive Outlook

Rate this topic

whcanuck

I REALLY hope they improve in the short term.  It's possible with Podz and hopefully some new additions.

There's prospects on the way that make me think this is going to be a fun team to watch over the next 5 years. Nailing the 9OA or whatever they do with it is key too.  

3 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Please explain what you mean by “virtually”

Virtually every team……

Virtually every fan……

I know we can all feel lonely and left out sometimes.    But just know, we aren’t the only ones who suck.   We could be cheering for Buffalo!  

Sabres are on their third GM since Jim Benning started in the summer of 2014.  That was the consequence of failure for the Sabres.  Might be a reason why they suck as well.  That frequency of change can't be good.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

2020 was just a bad year for the team. Anything that could go wrong did, but I remember thinking even in the early slump 'this team isn't as bad as the record is saying it is. Things will pick up.'

And briefly it looked like that was going to happen. Then covid hit the team.

But I'm still convinced this team isn't as bad as some seem to think. Even as it is. Pettersson should be healthy again in 2021. New blood is looking good coming in with Podkolzin and Rathbone. Demko came through and is looking like the goaltender of the future. We have 3 proven top line centers now. The owner sounds like he's going to buck up this year. Surely they won't hit us with a killer early schedule 2 years in a row. Lind, Joulevi, Gadjovich, MacEwan all have a ceiling they haven't reached yet. The Hughes/Hamonic defensive pairing was starting to jell towards the end of the 2020 season. Boeser has another  gear. Hoglander was a nice addition. The farm team moving closer will add excitement.

I'm optimistic for an improve even without help but I get a feeling we'll get some of that too. Jim's on it. 

• Vintage 1