The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Kucherov's full post-game press conference... shirtless and drunk

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Noice move putting straight vodka in the bud light can.

....this is the only reason because no one gets drunk on American Bud Light like that.

Not grocery store Bud Light.

I got a good one 2 summers ago on Bud Light haha. 6 beers/hour didn't take me long.

21 hours ago, Master Mind said:

How does his number of games played affect the comments he made?

I think in order to comment on a season, and diss a fan base; a player should play more than just the play off games.

I've also seen enough drunk people in my life I don't need to see it on t.v.

yvmv

6 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Speaking of beer, this  was talked about on 650 yesterday. Taken as a given that blood, sweat and spit would improve the taste of Coors Light would anyone really want to drink it?

B8552C57-DDFB-4778-861F-286A5331DA8B.jpeg

I hope Coors realizes that hockey ice is not just water.

• Haha 3

On 7/8/2021 at 6:22 AM, Rubik said:

i fail to see what's so great about this. in my opinion he could have been a bit more classy. but congratulations to them anyway.

Yes, he's like school in the summer - no class.

He needs to take a "How to be humble" course.

No need to dis another team's fan base after you beat them in a SCF.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Yes, he's like school in the summer - no class.

He needs to take a "How to be humble" course.

No need to dis another team's fan base after you beat them in a SCF.

Context.   TB players and families recieved death threats from habs fans.  Even if they didn't, i can see Roenick, Hull, Larry Robinson and others of the past making fun of them for winning the cup after game five.    I have zero issue with Kuch removing all filters.   For sure he looked and acted like a barfly, but we know nobody can do what he did and do that every day.   A little personality never hurt anything.   Habs fans i'm sure are sad but it is what it is.   If that was Anderson or Weber instead after winning everyone would be happy. 

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Context.   TB players and families recieved death threats from habs fans.  Even if they didn't, i can see Roenick, Hull, Larry Robinson and others of the past making fun of them for winning the cup after game five.    I have zero issue with Kuch removing all filters.   For sure he looked and acted like a barfly, but we know nobody can do what he did and do that every day.   A little personality never hurt anything.   Habs fans i'm sure are sad but it is what it is.   If that was Anderson or Weber instead after winning everyone would be happy. 

Disagree - basically he dropped down to the level of a few idiotic fans.

There are kids that look up to these guys - they need to be better than the scum of the planet.

Edited by Heretic
  • RoughGame 1

29 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Disagree - basically he dropped down to the level of a few idiotic fans.

There are kids that look up to these guys - they need to be better than the scum of the planet.

Come on man.   Have you not ever done something so hard that when it comes time to celebrate your exhausted (said he hasn't slept in three days), and this is the Stanley Cup.   He can say whatever he wants to, doesn't have to keep his filters on for kids - they wont care anyways.   And probably will understand.   How is that any different from when i was a kid watching the flyers beat the tar and pulling hair and bloodying the ice....Or the Oilers ... or the NYI ...personally don't mind it one bit and didn't as a kid either. 

Edited by IBatch

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Come on man.   Have you not ever done something so hard that when it comes time to celebrate your exhausted (said he hasn't slept in three days), and this is the Stanley Cup.   He can say whatever he wants to, doesn't have to keep his filters on for kids - they wont care anyways.   

Maybe if he wore a shirt that said "It's hard to be humble when you're as good as I am".

I get it - celebrate, have fun - but no need to dis other team and/or their fans.

Sure, he can say whatever he wants - doesn't mean it is the right thing to say.

• Haha 1

Just now, Heretic said:

Maybe if he wore a shirt that said "It's hard to be humble when you're as good as I am".

I get it - celebrate, have fun - but no need to dis other team and/or their fans.

Sure, he can say whatever he wants - doesn't mean it is the right thing to say.

Yes snow flakes will get offended.  I don't care. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

25 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Come on man.   Have you not ever done something so hard that when it comes time to celebrate your exhausted (said he hasn't slept in three days), and this is the Stanley Cup.   He can say whatever he wants to, doesn't have to keep his filters on for kids - they wont care anyways.   And probably will understand.   How is that any different from when i was a kid watching the flyers beat the tar and pulling hair and bloodying the ice....Or the Oilers ... or the NYI ...personally don't mind it one bit and didn't as a kid either. 

There's also the fact that he was playing with broken ribs and the Habs were clearly targeting them....

I too have no issue with his comments. In fact, I wish more pro athletes were this honest....

• Vintage 1

Ha.  Just saw it now.  I'm fine with letting Kucherov speak his mind. Even his drunk mind.   Its actually refreshing, and entertaining, two words you hardly ever use to describe NHL player interviews.

That's not saying I like everything that came out of his uninhibited mouth, but I appreciate that he was able to speak his mind.

In fact it only highlighted the staleness and conservative nature of the other side of the room.  Can not one of the Captain Obvious reporter pool think of any other question other than the one with the obvious answer? 

How many times do we need to hear repeated questions like:  "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO....HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN....HOW SPECIAL IS IT TO......???

How do you think he feels?  Do you think no one knows? Does he look sad?  Does a player have to look at the camera and say "I feel great" in order to have the verifiable proof?  I get it, its more about seeing just how his face lights up....just one more time again...happy pictures for the station to broadcast. 

But then having to answer it again from the next reporter, just in case anyone missed it. I can see asking him once or twice, on the ice right after the game, but its like every networks reporters has to make sure they ask the same rhetorical question, in a different way.  How about a question about something during the game, or the series.  Pick up on his reference to playing with Vasilevskiy when he was 15.  If it wasn't for Kucherov being tipsy, and going off script and waxing on himself about Canadien fans, or how Vasilevskiy  was robbed, we would have gotten the same stale one line responses, "I feel great!"  only said in a slightly different way with each network reporter.  And the press conference would be over, and forgotten in one day. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1