The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Kucherov's full post-game press conference... shirtless and drunk

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Public profile doing an interview after a party. I'm sure you would have criticized him if he turned the interview down as well.

Really. Do you know me? Do you think it's good for kids to see their role models in such a state? 

To me he came across as a loser. I've seen many like him in my days and people like that are not good people. I don't give a f#@k how much you make or who you are. He came across in that interview as obnoxious and a slob. Not my type of person. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, NucksinNorway said:

So what did you like about the interview. What he said, or that he was drunk/high? 

Edit: and he was more than just tipsy. He could barely even talk. 

Liked it all, especially that he was celebrating with booze.  Is the only part you disagree with was that he was drinking alcohol?  Are you a a person of temperance?  

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Public profile doing an interview after a party. I'm sure you would have criticized him if he turned the interview down as well.

Temperance is still popular in some communities.  But seeing anyone celebrate with a bit of alcohol, imo, brings that person closer to the average Joe.  I’m thinking every guys and girls and mixed team celebrating a big win drinks some beer.  It’s a socially accepted way to celebrate.  Good for Kuch.  Awesome stuff! 

1 hour ago, NucksinNorway said:

Really. Do you know me? Do you think it's good for kids to see their role models in such a state? 

To me he came across as a loser. I've seen many like him in my days and people like that are not good people. I don't give a f#@k how much you make or who you are. He came across in that interview as obnoxious and a slob. Not my type of person. 

Do you know him? To me you come across as a loser. I've seen many like you in my day and people that act like you are not good people. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The NHL is run like a dictatorship which I'm shocked in this day of age is still acceptable, don't believe me, explain to me then why aren't players and coaches allowed to speak their true mind on issues? And if they do they normally are fined by the NHL.... This is taking away peoples freedom of speech to protect the integrity of the sport they say, which is a complete joke, it's called controlling what people say that's a dictatorship. 

This is why you don't get much personality from many players, because when they're doing interviews they need to pay attention to what they say so they don't get fined, especially if they're upset, you know they just want to rip into the NHL and maybe the Refs, but if they do they're fined, their freedom of speech is limited, which then takes away their personality. 

35 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

it does, but it doesn't need to turn in to a circus, either

Yea there’s a middle ground between having a personality and just being a douchebag.

We already have WWE on the ice with the officiating we don’t need it off the ice too.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Tampa's making a joke of this 18m over the cap bit, it's a spectacle at this point. My concern is folks will just write articles, laugh about it, and that the NHL will simply shrug and nothing will change. 

They won, it's over, but the loophole needs to be closed. Don't let teams exploit the cap and hammer us with &^@#ing cap recapture. We played by the rules too.

Edited by Coconuts

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Tampa's making a joke of this 18m over the cap bit, it's a spectacle at this point. My concern is folks will just write articles, laugh about it, and that the NHL will simply shrug and nothing will change. 

They won, it's over, but the loophole needs to be closed. Don't let teams exploit the cap and hammer us with &^@#ing cap recapture. We played by the rules too.

Why would the NHLPA agree to any change to the cap relief teams get?  Tampa just had a 100 million dollar cap.  Toronto is always over.  Habs were over this year.  Lots of teams go over.  It’s cap relief, which means the players get more. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Why would the NHLPA agree to any change to the cap relief teams get?  Tampa just had a 100 million dollar cap.  Toronto is always over.  Habs were over this year.  Lots of teams go over.  It’s cap relief, which means the players get more. 

I understand that the stars kinda need to align for what Tampa pulled off this season. Its not the first time that it has happened though and a change does need to be made. The rich get richer and the poor just watch helplessly. Not many teams have a roster like TBL or like CHI did and are able to sideline guys for extended periods of time and make the playoffs and then all of the sudden these guys are ready to play and they now have a 90mil roster (Gaborik and Nilsson didnt play so really Tampa was 9mil or whatever over the cap.) and go on to win a cup

Either they should make the playoffs cap compliant

or

If a player misses ‘x’ amount of time they sit for ‘y’ amount of games

if a player misses 20+ games leading up to the playoffs, they are medically suspended for the 1st round and if their team advances, they deserve to get that player back. They’ve “earned” the right.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

I understand that the stars kinda need to align for what Tampa pulled off this season. Its not the first time that it has happened though and a change does need to be made. The rich get richer and the poor just watch helplessly. Not many teams have a roster like TBL or like CHI did and are able to sideline guys for extended periods of time and make the playoffs and then all of the sudden these guys are ready to play and they now have a 90mil roster (Gaborik and Nilsson didnt play so really Tampa was 9mil or whatever over the cap.) and go on to win a cup

Either they should make the playoffs cap compliant

or

If a player misses ‘x’ amount of time they sit for ‘y’ amount of games

if a player misses 20+ games leading up to the playoffs, they are medically suspended for the 1st round and if their team advances, they deserve to get that player back. They’ve “earned” the right.

Sure this policy creates, or can create, an unfair advantage for teams, but Why would the NHLPA agree to any change?  The owners would have to give up something then too, like escrow.  

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Liked it all, especially that he was celebrating with booze.  Is the only part you disagree with was that he was drinking alcohol?  Are you a a person of temperance?  

What I'm asking is, would he conduct the same interview sober? People are asking for personality... But is a drunk person personality... From what I've read, you like your booze. As do I. Whisky especially. But it doesn't mean I want idiots doing interviews. Society should have a little class. I generally dislike people. He makes it easier. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, NucksinNorway said:

What I'm asking is, would he conduct the same interview sober? People are asking for personality... But is a drunk person personality... From what I've read, you like your booze. As do I. Whisky especially. But it doesn't mean I want idiots doing interviews. Society should have a little class. I generally dislike people. He makes it easier. 

celebrating victory with beer (which is the common msn’s champagne) makes Kuch more accepted by the average guy, right?  That’s the allure of his presser.  

Personally, I prefer horses and dogs to people.  Hell, slugs and roaches are better than Leaf fans. :lol:

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sure this policy creates, or can create, an unfair advantage for teams, but Why would the NHLPA agree to any change?  The owners would have to give up something then too, like escrow.  

That's tricky, because I'm not sure the NHLPA has as much solidarity as they'd like to present, how they act or respond likely changes from time to time 

Depends on how many other players feel certain teams are experiencing preferential treatment at any given time I'd imagine 

But yeah, not a simple thing 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

celebrating victory with beer (which is the common msn’s champagne) makes Kuch more accepted by the average guy, right?  That’s the allure of his presser.  

Personally, I prefer horses and dogs to people.  Hell, slugs and roaches are better than Leaf fans. :lol:

I get that. I just don't like it. Especially when it's glorified by people saying we need more personality in the game. Drugs and alcohol do not represent a good image for the game. He sounded like an arrogant wasted prick because of being of being under the influence of whatever substance he was.

Imagine he was able to articulate his meaning without being wasted. Might have had a greater effect. 

Edit: same reason I get why trump was voted in. Doesn't make it right. But that's a whole other can of worms that I maybe shouldn't have opened :mellow:

Edited by NucksinNorway

15 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yea there’s a middle ground between having a personality and just being a douchebag.

We already have WWE on the ice with the officiating we don’t need it off the ice too.

well in WWE now, there's a storyline happening on smackdown, where baron corbin, who won king of the ring back in 2019, was living lavish, but recently lost his crown and is on a downward spiral and lost his car, and had to sell his watch, and things are getting bad for him for talkin **** for so long

if kooch wants to become a character and the same thing happens to him, i won't give a **** when the endorsements run out and tampa goes back to a bottom feeding team like the rest of them, if the NHL wants to go the WWE route