The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks Interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

So Bertuzzi, 1st,  plus a prospect? For Miller? I am understanding this right? 

Bertuzzi is currently damaged goods, till proven healthy and still able to play at a high level.

Any draft pick is a risk. Miller would have cost the Canucks more than a first, if Tampa wasn't in a bit of a squeeze. 

imo that saved the Canucks from having to add another pick.

Prospects fizzle out at times.

Miller is healthy and playing at a very high level.

So yes, you are understanding this right.

• Cheers 1

Just now, gurn said:

Bertuzzi is currently damaged goods, till proven healthy and still able to play at a high level.

Any draft pick is a risk. Miller would have cost the Canucks more than a first, if Tampa wasn't in a bit of a squeeze. 

imo that saved the Canucks from having to add another pick.

Prospects fizzle out at times.

Miller is healthy and playing at a very high level.

So yes, you are understanding this right.

Miller also was not the player he was the first year here or ever on Tampa. If not playing with Peterson his numbers as suspect of being considerably lower. So… a 1st and Bertuzzi and a prospect is a lot to ask. Miller is on a good contract for a peaking player yes but he isn’t worth 2 first round picks. Which is basically what your asking for

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Miller is part of the core as far as I’m concerned.

He ain’t getting traded.

If the Canucks want salary moved out.. someone we consider important is gone. Otherwise we ride out the contracts of; Jake, Rooster, Beahle, Erickskin.. etc. The few untouchables are simply Petey, Hughes, Horvat and Demko. Miller is 100% tradable. 

Miller does take some untimely penalties and definitely has a temper to match the chip on his shoulder, but that character, drive and overall game is exactly what this team needs more of.

He’s a glue guy and a solid leader and valuable as a mentor type for Hog and Podz. 

Great pickup by JB, imho. Within the top 3 of his transactions so far. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Miller does take some untimely penalties and definitely has a temper to match the chip on his shoulder, but that character, drive and overall game is exactly what this team needs more of.

He’s a glue guy and a solid leader and valuable as a mentor type for Hog and Podz. 

Great pickup by JB, imho. Within the top 3 of his transactions so far. 

I agree completely I don’t want to trade Miller at all. But I think that would be someone they ask for 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

If the Canucks want salary moved out.. someone we consider important is gone. Otherwise we ride out the contracts of; Jake, Rooster, Beahle, Erickskin.. etc. The few untouchables are simply Petey, Hughes, Horvat and Demko. Miller is 100% tradable. 

I think we’re going to see Beagle start the year on LTIR, much like how TBL rode that out. Could be permanent for him unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

I think we’re going to see Beagle start the year on LTIR, much like how TBL rode that out. Could be permanent for him unfortunately.

there was a report that beagle would be ready for training camp. so unless he hurts himself this off season again, he will be back. Will he make the team over a Professional tryout we will see.

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

there was a report that beagle would be ready for training camp. so unless he hurts himself this off season again, he will be back. Will he make the team over a Professional tryout we will see.

Oh that’s good to hear for his sake, thanks man. Hope we upgrade on him though. 

18 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

What do you expect the Red Wings to want? What do we have? They'll probably ask for north of what Calgary got for Bennett and probably a little bit less than what the Isles got for Palmieri. That's a haul Vancouver can't afford. 

And shouldn't afford. Give the opportunity to one of our young guns, like Lockwood, Gadz, etc. 

• Cheers 1

Would be the kind of solid winger addition I’d like to see if we’re committed to Miller at C but probably can’t make it work.  What could we offer to outbid other interested teams? 

Might be “worth” it if we give up the 9OA and ask DET to eat some salary on one of our bad contracts to free up some space to chase in FA as well… that’s tempting if he wasn’t coming off an injury.  As it stands I feel like I’d rather just keep the pick.  

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Miller also was not the player he was the first year here or ever on Tampa. If not playing with Peterson his numbers as suspect of being considerably lower.

Lol.  Who told you that?   
Go look at his stats in the game log on NHL.com.     It shows him being pretty well consistent the entire season game by game.  
When EP was injured and JT took over at center, his game was arguably better. 

1 minute ago, drummerboy said:

Lol.  Who told you that?   
Go look at his stats in the game log on NHL.com.     It shows him being pretty well consistent the entire season game by game.  
When EP was injured and JT took over at center, his game was arguably better. 

disagree, Miller was a PPG player the year before last. Boeser's, hughes and millers game all suffered because of EP40's injury. Miller is a great player But petterson makes miller a dangerous first liner. when ep40's on the ice that LINE has a 13% shooting percentage, thats a stat that shows EP40'S worth.

• Upvote 1

NHL

Virtanen

3rd ‘21

VAN

Prospect

——————

NHL

Roussel

3rd ‘22

VAN

Prospect

——————

NHL

Beagle

2nd ‘21

VAN

Prospect

——————

NHL

Eriksson

9OA21

VAN

Prospect

All problems solved.

Other tradable assets: Schmidt, Holtby.

I think I know how to do this now, 

to Vancouver;

2021 1st

Tyler Bertuzzi

2022 1st 

to Detroit

J T Miller

Am I doing this right? Or should they add more? 

One seemingly massive step back, but a gigantic step forward in picking two more Benning picks. 

I do wonder… picking up a high health risk, Miller is tough as nails, Benning gets two more young superstars int he system because that’s what he does…

26 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

disagree, Miller was a PPG player the year before last. Boeser's, hughes and millers game all suffered because of EP40's injury. Miller is a great player But petterson makes miller a dangerous first liner. when ep40's on the ice that LINE has a 13% shooting percentage, thats a stat that shows EP40'S worth.

Boeser had a great bounce back year.  

Hughes was fine offensively and crap defensively because of a lack of effort and not having his partner that he leaned on to cover for him so much. 
Miller was still close to PPG. 
Sure he is great with EP, but he wouldn’t lose much if not playing him.  

6 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Boeser had a great bounce back year.  

Hughes was fine offensively and crap defensively because of a lack of effort and not having his partner that he leaned on to cover for him so much. 
Miller was still close to PPG. 
Sure he is great with EP, but he wouldn’t lose much if not playing him.  

boeser miller and hughes (nearly) were all nearly a ppg last year before EP40's injury. 

before ep40's injury

Boeser 0.96ppg

Miller 0.92ppg

Hughes 0.85ppg

after

Boeser 0.84ppg

Miller 0.84ppg

Hughes 0.65ppg

Millers production dropped by 10%

Boesers Production dropped by 12%

Hughes production dropped by 31%

so I don't know how you could argue his play was BETTER.