The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks Interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

Detroit might just trade TB for the 9oa.

I would like to see if we could salvage Evgeny Svechnikov as well in any deal, if it transpires.

ES needs a solid chance,  in limited time he has proved to be .5 ppg player.. fearless.

clear waivers down to the farm late last season.

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Detroit might just trade TB for the 9oa.

I would like to see if we could salvage Evgeny Svechnikov as well in any deal, if it transpires.

ES needs a solid chance,  in limited time he has proved to be .5 ppg player.. fearless.

clear waivers down to the farm late last season.

You think this team and coaching staff with give a near mid 20's russian kid more of a chance Vs a full on rebuilding Detroit? I know his stats don't look bad but nobody claimed him on waivers...I would have rather us picked him up over Boyd and Vesey by a mile. There must be a lack of drive or commitment to a 2 way game with him or something, if I cared enough I could go on some Detroit fan board to inquire but I don't. If he was included though I wouldn't be mad just would have tempered expectations, after the Goldobin experiment sometimes players and not always Russains (Dahlen/Rodin etc) just can't make it in the top league in the world.

14 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

The sky is not falling. PTSD maybe?  Note: rumours are just rumours... Breath.  Being a canuck fan requires a strong constitution.  Definitely not for the faint of heart.  Hang in there... You'll be okay. 

Haha. Yeah, for sure. I’m not worried, just nervous about the team and the decisions it’ll be making. 

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

RFA @ 3.5 mil.  26 and coming off major back surgery.  

I guess that is scary. Don’t see Detroit being a trade partner we could come in with either just don’t see it. If they are willing to part with him must be for a good reason

8 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

boeser miller and hughes (nearly) were all nearly a ppg last year before EP40's injury. 

before ep40's injury

Boeser 0.96ppg

Miller 0.92ppg

Hughes 0.85ppg

after

Boeser 0.84ppg

Miller 0.84ppg

Hughes 0.65ppg

Millers production dropped by 10%

Boesers Production dropped by 12%

Hughes production dropped by 31%

so I don't know how you could argue his play was BETTER.

Because points aren’t the only part of the game?   Lol

Noone is saying Petey doesn’t improve those around him.  
I was replying to a poster saying his numbers dropped considerably, which just isn’t true.  
Then you come in talking about two others, one who had a great season all year, and the other who’s game was almost all his own efforts issue. 
Hughes had the big points in the beginning of the season because he was hot dogging and playing ZERO defence.   He was all in for the points. That’s one of the reasons why his +- sprinted to the bottom of the league earlier on.  
His points slowed down a bit because once Hamonic was his partner, he calmed down a bit and tried to actually play his position a bit more. 
It had nothing to do with EP. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

I was replying to a poster saying his numbers dropped considerably, which just isn’t true.  
Then you come in talking about two others, one who had a great season all year, and the other who’s game was almost all his own efforts issue. 
Hughes had the big points in the beginning of the season because he was hot dogging and playing ZERO defence.   He was all in for the points. That’s one of the reasons why his +- sprinted to the bottom of the league earlier on.  
His points slowed down a bit because once Hamonic was his partner, he calmed down a bit and tried to actually play his position a bit more. 

Nicely stated!

Bertuzzi isn’t worth our 9th pick even remotely.

I am not even sure he is worth a late 1st.

Take a breath and see what players shake out from the buyout period and RFA qualifying. There will be good young players who just have big qualifying offers or scary arbitration cases that will suddenly become UFAs.

We should be able to find a middle six winger upgrade with no assets going out in trade.  Save our trade assets for a top 4D, an elite 3C, or to clear cap room so we can make some moves.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:26 AM, ShawnAntoski said:

Yzerman, really doing a full rebuild by selling expensive & young assets (even the young Mantha), while he builds his (own) young core; and saving his cap to add when his core is ready.  Ballsy but he is able to sell his plan to the owners & (to a lesser degree) the fans.

Something to ponder: if Yzerman, was our GM - would he had traded the Twins to expedite his rebuild ?   My guess: Yes.

Correction on this comment. Would he have wanted to trade the Twins to expedite his rebuild? Sure. Would he have been successful in getting the Twins to waive their NTC?: probably not... and then there's the factor of cap space to be considered.

regards,  G.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

:picard:

Well keep digging. proof your full of bs part 2. 

do you think they got magically defensively stronger when ep40 got injured? that EP40 somehow makes them worse players?

how is 11% not a giant reduction thats 9 points over 82 games or the difference between a 5 million to a 7 million dollar player.

JM 11% reduction prorated 82gp 68p

BB 20% reduction  prorated 82gp 66p  

QH  33% reduction prorated 82gp 52p

Power play points before EP40 injury

QH 12 in 26

JM 10 in 26

BB 7  in 26

Power play points after EP40 injury

QH 7  in 30 50% reduction

JM  8  in 30 24% reduction

BB 7  in 30  13% reduction

I know you like to be right all the time, but you're wrong here, extremely wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Correction on this comment. Would he have wanted to trade the Twins to expedite his rebuild? Sure. Would he have been successful in getting the Twins to waive their NTC?: probably not... and then there's the factor of cap space to be considered.

regards,  G.

thank you!

as for people that think its just so simple to trade two 7m contracts. your BS crazy. on top of that?

why the heck would the sedins want to be traded, they loved it here. they did not owe JB anything and they had a family.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

:picard:

Well keep digging. proof your full of bs part 2. 

do you think they got magically defensively stronger when ep40 got injured? that EP40 somehow makes them worse players?

Oh yes.  I forgot.  Hamonic started the year not injured and jumped right into being a great partner for Hughes.   
OR

He came in late and took weeks to get going. 
And we are talking about HUGHES here. 
Not the team.  Hughes.  
You are trying to be the master of strawman.   Just using as many unrelated dummy statements you can to be right. 

how is 11% not a giant reduction thats 9 points over 82 games or the difference between a 5 million to a 7 million dollar player.

lol

JM 11% reduction prorated 82gp 68p

BB 20% reduction  prorated 82gp 66p  

QH  33% reduction prorated 82gp 52p

Power play points before EP40 injury

QH 12 in 26

JM 10 in 26

BB 7  in 26

Power play points after EP40 injury

QH 7  in 30 50% reduction

JM  8  in 30 24% reduction

BB 7  in 30  13% reduction

Again, I don’t care what you think about Hughes or Boeser.  
It’s irrelevant to what was being discussed, and with Hughes, Petey going down was the same time as Hamonic finally coming around.  

And again, I didn’t say EP going down didn’t effect JT.   I said it wasn’t a considerable amount of points he lost, and his overall game didn’t drop. 

I understand you have a schoolboy crush on ol’ Petey Boi, and that’s fine, but without him the world doesn’t stop for the other players. 

I know you like to be right all the time, but you're wrong here, extremely wrong.

I’m sorry, who are you?    
You seem to know me, my likes and tendencies.     
I can’t remember ever reading any of your posts.     I’m gonna guess you are one of these people who have only been here a couple years, with way more posts than likes.   

15 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

lol

Yup usually people with little comprehension how 9 points is  significant would laugh at that remark

15 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

And again, I didn’t say EP going down didn’t effect JT.   I said it wasn’t a considerable amount of points he lost, and his overall game didn’t drop. 

13 hours ago, drummerboy said:

actually you did! lied out right twice now, and now your caught up back peddling. need a reminder?

13 hours ago, drummerboy said:

When EP was injured and JT took over at center, his game was arguably better. 

Your either a terrible liar, or forgetful. either way doesn't bode well for your earlier remarks. 

GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

Good take - just a theoretical question and glad they retired as Canucks. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

42 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Yup usually people with little comprehension how 9 points is  significant would laugh at that remark

actually you did! lied out right twice now, and now your caught up back peddling. need a reminder?

Your either a terrible liar, or forgetful. either way doesn't bode well for your earlier remarks. 

GIF by MOODMAN

Comprehension isn’t your strong suit.  
That’s fine.  
Anyway, back into the abyss with you.