The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks Interested in Tyler Bertuzzi

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Weak argument that helps them fit their false narrative.

Im sure Benning will use that in his contract negotiations…

Like “Brock, I know you scored 30 goals this season, but we feel you’re one dimensional so we’re only gonna offer you 5 million. Sound good?”

Yeah that combined with, ‘a poster on our website’s forum said your .83 points a game and .39 goals a game aren’t top line numbers on a contending team so we think that’s a fair number.’ 

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

I know this is CDC, yet I am still surprised at just how many people would trade

9th over all, plus Schmidt plus another player for 1 year of Seth Jones.:picard:

I know this is is CDC, yet i am still surprised at how many people talk about seth jones in a Tyler burtuzzi thread:picard:

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I thought Boeser played hard, was consistent each game, was good defensively, and scored for us. Out of curiosity, which players did you feel were better for us over the course of last year? I truely believe Boeser was our most consistent player.

BB is heading into his RFA - good chance, he shows up motivated this year 

39 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I thought Boeser played hard, was consistent each game, was good defensively, and scored for us. Out of curiosity, which players did you feel were better for us over the course of last year? I truely believe Boeser was our most consistent player.

When you are handed top line duty with our best player, top pp time and put in every prime opportunity to put up points, how do you not put up points? We had no other options and our right side is weak.  Boeser isnt a driver,  by no means is he good defensively and on a contending team he'd be a support player.   I understand we want to believe our top players are better than they actually are, but this is really why we've been perennial pretenders since 2011.  

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

When you are handed top line duty with our best player, top pp time and put in every prime opportunity to put up points, how do you not put up points? We had no other options and our right side is weak.  Boeser isnt a driver,  by no means is he good defensively and on a contending team he'd be a support player.   I understand we want to believe our top players are better than they actually are, but this is really why we've been perennial pretenders since 2011.  

But you aren't answering the question. I'm asking you if you don't think Boeser was our most consistent player last year, who was?

I disagree with you entirely he wasn't good defensively last year. I saw a player who was back checking, playing smart defensively, playing the body when need be and not taking shifts off. IMO that's all you can ask for from the premier goal scorer on your team. I disagree with your assessment of Boeser entirely, that's been established. But I want to know what player you valued most on the team and the type of player you thought was our most consistent player over the course of last season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

About Boeser, he's a valuable asset but for me it comes down to the facts that he will always be average defensively at best and is not someone driving play on his own. He's a good finisher but not on the level of Ovi/Laine/Matthews or even EP , so that ability in itself is not worth 7 mil+ in current climate.

Does that mean he's a bad player or should automatically be traded or that he can't be a big part of a contender? No, but it means he's not a deciding factor on a contender and that his QO is about what you can pay him - and maybe it's still a bit much - without disrupting cap structure going forward. And hence the speculations. 

It should be noted though that his contract is not bad considering when it was signed (quite the opposite). If he has a big season along EP maybe he'll sign around the QO for a few years and it's a win for everybody, but if he wants more than that it becomes a problem. 

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, a highly motivated BB will benefit the team as well

Oh for sure. I'm just happy that we have seen a progression in Brock in non contract years. Speaks more about his character. I think Boeser is one of our better players on the team no doubt, and I think his character is top tier. That's a difficult thing to judge value on. But that's the reason his name is in the back of my jersey, not because he puts up good numbers.

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Oh for sure. I'm just happy that we have seen a progression in Brock in non contract years. Speaks more about his character. I think Boeser is one of our better players on the team no doubt, and I think his character is top tier. That's a difficult thing to judge value on. But that's the reason his name is in the back of my jersey, not because he puts up good numbers.

Yeah; as the Edlers’ move on, Iam looking forward as to how the identify of the team transitions to reflect the young core.

3 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

How do you not put up points with those minutes?

ask jeff skinner 

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah; as the Edlers’ move on, Iam looking forward as to how the identify of the team transitions to reflect the young core.

Sutter too. These guys were humble, hardworking professionals. I hope the young guys soaked it all in.

1 minute ago, shayster007 said:

Sutter too. These guys were humble, hardworking professionals. I hope the young guys soaked it all in.

I liked Sutter; but hindsight, has proven he was overpayed for his lack of on ice production due to injuries.  Although, it seems his off ice reputation as a leader is intact.   

4 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Lmao I’ve seen Brock walk in and snipe plenty. “Isn’t a driver” I guess you probably aren’t a watcher.