The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Revamping the 3rd line, sign Tampa's Grind Line wingers

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Me too.   Any player coming from a great team,  has a massive benifit.  What would Myers look like playing in TB?   Or Motte for that matter?   A lot better.   Hartman would too.   Or Soucy.    

JB didn't wait long before spending to the cap when BB wasn't signed but i don't think he has that luxury this time with two players.   At least one of them needs to be signed before he goes out and spends more unless he's got some approved buyouts in his back pocket.   Guess we will have to wait and see.  

Wait and see for sure, gotta take care of our in house residents before looking to invite more guys in. 

Motte would likely look great I'm Tampa, a lot of players fans sniff at probably would. Teams look better on great teams, on teams that win. Bringing in those players doesn't mean you'll get that same level of performance though, and dynamic, opportunity, and overall skill level will vary from the team they played for to the team they're heading to.

Buyer beware. 

9 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Isn't that what we did when we signed Beagle after the Caps Stanley Cup win?  

These players always look more attractive when they are making 1-2M$/per, but not sure they have proven they are worth that money.  These kind of players are usually homegrown or acquired because they are cheap.   

I don't think it's a must we go that route right now...maybe once we have proven we can contend.

Pretty big age difference, Beagle being 32 at the time, and these guys being 28 and 29. Not to mention Canucks had to overpay for a veteran 4th liner, as they weren't gonna be an attractive destination that year + before anyone would've predicted a COVID flat cap era. I get your point that playoff performers are generally overpaid a bit, but if we're bringing in 2/3rds of a successful line we also know they'll have some chemistry and work well together.