The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which forward(s) should we target as UFA?

Rate this topic

Gawdzukes

56 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

your just so stuck on being right. what your saying doesn't even make sense.

killorn 4.4 - 3.5= 900k savings hooray we can agree on something.

lets say you put ferland on LTIR on the first day. you do realize that ferland has to fit within the cap before relief is given? you cant start the season over the cap and ferlands cap ALWAYS COUNTS.

so.....

lightning and ferland are at 81.5m than you can place him on LTIR (your situation). After which you get 3.5m in relief. 81.5 +3.5 = 85 million cap BUT a 81.5 million playing roster maximum ever.

which means no bonus space.

so no were never trading ferland, he's basically a 3.5m dollar nuisance. no one wants him

I never suggested otherwise.

Without a deal like this, they have to clear another $1m (or $900k) and can't re-up Savard. They're basically trading Killorn for $1m of cap space and the ability to retain Savard. 

Not sure what confuses you on this point.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

your just so stuck on being right. what your saying doesn't even make sense.

killorn 4.4 - 3.5= 900k savings hooray we can agree on something.

lets say you put ferland on LTIR on the first day. you do realize that ferland has to fit within the cap before relief is given? you cant start the season over the cap and ferlands cap ALWAYS COUNTS.

so.....

lightning and ferland are at 81.5m than you can place him on LTIR (your situation). After which you get 3.5m in relief. 81.5 +3.5 = 85 million cap BUT a 81.5 million playing roster maximum ever.

which means no bonus space.

so no were never trading ferland, he's basically a 3.5m dollar nuisance. no one wants him

Without a deal like this, they have to clear another $1m (or $900k) and can't re-up Savard. They're basically trading Killorn for $1m of cap space and the ability to retain Savard. 

24 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

IF LouiE blew out his achilles while summer training(Gawd forbid!)..would there be some sorta' Van parade?!

We could LTIR-Saltspring Isle his cap hit, & go shoppin'-mad!

Agreed! Place him in Secret Cove. Nice place to never hear from again. It worked for Lou and Robida island.  Why not have Benning give Louie a boat trip up the Sunshine Coast...:ph34r:

IMG_1696.JPG

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Goodrow is also a UFA

I don't think we're getting him.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Friedman is reporting the Canucks want a third line center with size so that rules out the likes of Granlund and Janmark.

I could see us making a Jenner trade or taking a flyer on the likes of Patrick.

Getzlaf would be an interesting cheap veteran option. Can that guy still skate?

Getzlaf would be an option, he would be a great add but we would have to pay. We're kind of in a crux. We are in dire need of a center.

Edited by Gawdzukes

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Help Tampa out with their cap issues and move Ferland for Killorn +. Only costs us 1m more and solves our mid 6 LW issue (as well as adding say a late 2nd+/- for helping them out).

umm so here your suggesting we are helping their cap issues. we are providing so much help (in your head) that they will trade us killorn and a second for Ferland.

Killorn is worth value

Ferland is worth nothing (as he does not help with their situation at all, he only complicates things) they would be literally doing us a favour.

so trade killorn and a second for nothing. 

where were you when you last were playing with your marbles before you lost them?

12 minutes ago, aGENT said:

again adding ferland doesn't help with signing anyone. i'm sure a team will OFFER a 1st round pick to aquire killorn, and if not they certainly wont have to add at least a 3rd like schmidt.

Repeat after me, Ferland doesn't help their cap situation. say it 5 times

3 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

actually no it wouldn't. what it would give them is our dead cap, there's no loophole's. 81.5 +kuch9.5 +hossa5.275+nilsson2.6= 98.875

no bonus

I think the only way the LTIR is a benefit is if it is for a player who might actually play. Not in the regular season miraculously come back for the playoffs.  There is no cap limit for the playoffs.  Right?

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I think the only way the LTIR is a benefit is if it is for a player who might actually play. Not in the regular season miraculously come back for the playoffs.  There is no cap limit for the playoffs.  Right?

yes you got it right. basically the kucherov situation

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

yes you got it right. basically the kucherov situation

What they should do is have a minimum amount of games played for the season or the player isn't eligible for playoffs 

• Upvote 2

none as long as Hughes and Pettersson are not re-signed we can't afford to go after any UFA as we don't know our cap situation.. you'd figure if they are willing to sign for lower than market they'd already be sign by now. their agent is prolly playing hard ball with Jim and waiting for him to blink as he'll prolly be more desperate closer to start of free agency as he really is handcuffed until they are sort out

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

If we can’t promote within then we need to sign guys to 1 year contracts so we have the ability to flip them at the deadline. No more 3 year deals to salt and pepper headed, declining, injury prone anchors. 

Heh, when has this management team flipped players for draft picks and or prospects at the trade deadline?

9 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

umm so here your suggesting we are helping their cap issues. we are providing so much help (in your head) that they will trade us killorn and a second for Ferland.

Killorn is worth value

Ferland is worth nothing (as he does not help with their situation at all, he only complicates things) they would be literally doing us a favour.

so trade killorn and a second for nothing. 

where were you when you last were playing with your marbles before you lost them?

again adding ferland doesn't help with signing anyone. i'm sure a team will OFFER a 1st round pick to aquire killorn, and if not they certainly wont have to add at least a 3rd like schmidt.

Repeat after me, Ferland doesn't help their cap situation. say it 5 times

I guess I just imagined them doing exactly what I suggested by trading for Gaborik and Nilsson then?

They're over the cap and just won their 2nd cup in a row, and all 31 other GM's aren't going to be doing them any favours. They're not getting anything resembling a first for Killorn (or just about anyone else) and very few GM's will be willing to take on the full $4.4m (for two years) without sending some sort of cap back. And certainly not as cheap as what I proposed there. The LTIR 'effectively' let's then clear the $4.4m, for a cheaper trade cost, that also works with the other team sending cap back. The exact same reason the Gaborik/Nilsson trade was made.

But you go ahead and keep thinking you're smarter than everyone else ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

none as long as Hughes and Pettersson are not re-signed we can't afford to go after any UFA as we don't know our cap situation.. 

We know pretty close to what our cap situation will be. Hughes and Pettersson will eat up +/- $13m . Budget from there.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I guess I just imagined them doing exactly what I suggested by trading for Gaborik and Nilsson then?

They're over the cap and just won their 2nd cup in a row, and all 31 other GM's aren't going to be doing them any favours. They're not getting anything resembling a first for Killorn (or just about anyone else) and very few GM's will be willing to take on the full $4.4m (for two years) without sending some sort of cap back. And certainly not as cheap as what I proposed there. The LTIR 'effectively' let's then clear the $4.4m, for a cheaper trade cost, that also works with the other team sending cap back. The exact same reason the Gaborik/Nilsson trade was made.

But you go ahead and keep thinking you're smarter than everyone else ;)

That guy is so annoying. He thinks he's some kind of genius because he knows how to look up stats. :picard:

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3
  • RoughGame 1