The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which forward(s) should we target as UFA?

Rate this topic

Gawdzukes

20 hours ago, KKnight said:

I want to do trades more than signings. 

1. Re-sign Pete and Hughes for a total of 13 million. 

2. I want Boone Jenner or Barclay Goodrow.

3. Focus on ridding us of Loui or Roussel's cap (retention, buyout). Enough is enough. 

4. Bring in some size on the back end. 

I think contracts are going to surprise us this offseason. Won't be huge money like some people seem to think, more term. 

5. Schwartz is a guy of interest, could be a bargain on term and money. 

Focus on a big name defenceman next offseason, when our cap situation becomes stable. 

Who what are the trades you want do then?

Forwards

Getzlaf,Schwartz,Landskog,Stasny,bonino,

Cizikas,Granlund,Dzingel,paquette,

id really like see cizikas and dzingel signed can both be had for cheap

Miller pettersson Boeser

Dzingel Horvat Hoglander

Pearson Cizikas Pods 

Motte Beagle Gadz

Defense 

Adam Larsson 

Jason Demers 

Jamie olesiak 

Travis hamonic 
Cody Ceci

Jani Hakapana

My choice Adam Larsson, Jamie olesiak

Defense 

Hughes Larrson

Oleksiak Schmidt

Rathbone Myers 

juolevi

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

really like see cizikas and dzingel signed can both be had for cheap

When has JB signed anyone notable in UFA for 'cheap' as you say, when there weren't strings attached (like Hamonic)?

19 hours ago, Angry Goose said:

Mikael Granlund for 3rd line C?

Re sign Graovac & Bailey for depth.  

Gregg Mcegg would be a good depth signing for the farm/call up.  

I'd like to see the Canucks sign a REALLY good pkr for the LW 4th line spot. 

JM EP BB

TP BH NH

TM MG VP

?? JB ZM

AR if he's not traded

You crack me up, such a yolker!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Who what are the trades you want do then?

Not sure I'm not the GM. Just suggested what players of interest and what I would look to do, obviously some of the moves might not make sense due to potential assets lost. Just a suggestion. 

5 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Forwards

Getzlaf,Schwartz,Landskog,Stasny,bonino,

Cizikas,Granlund,Dzingel,paquette,

id really like see cizikas and dzingel signed can both be had for cheap

Miller pettersson Boeser

Dzingel Horvat Hoglander

Pearson Cizikas Pods 

Motte Beagle Gadz

Defense 

Adam Larsson 

Jason Demers 

Jamie olesiak 

Travis hamonic 
Cody Ceci

Jani Hakapana

My choice Adam Larsson, Jamie olesiak

Defense 

Hughes Larrson

Oleksiak Schmidt

Rathbone Myers 

juolevi

I really like Olesiaks 29, 6'7 235 toughness..Also like Graves, 27, 6'5 , 220, need one of these guys....s

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, KKnight said:

Not sure I'm not the GM. Just suggested what players of interest and what I would look to do, obviously some of the moves might not make sense due to potential assets lost. Just a suggestion. 

Who are you suggesting we trade For the players of interest?  What would you look to do?

9 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

That guy is so annoying. He thinks he's some kind of genius because he knows how to look up stats. :picard:

I have little patience for people that throw the first stone, maybe you remember? I do acknowledge i'm a stubborn blunt debater, which surely tarnishes my reputation. But I don't have much time for nice language, because I'm often posting stats and rules on this thread that take alot of my time, which I enjoy. 

• Vintage 1

On 7/11/2021 at 12:10 PM, Devron44 said:

His buyout isn’t worth it for next years cap. You’d have to move large assets to get rid of him. I want LE gone more then anyone but no more pain. I don’t want to see that cap hit next year of the player/pick we trade thrive on another team.

Let him rot for one more year 

LE? Bury him in the minors comes to mind BUT I do not want that guy anywhere near our prospects but it wasn't for that I'd be all over seeing him have his last year demoted to shame would put a smile on my face a mile wide!

Why? At first, I was stoked, finally I thought someone from Boston who shouldn't be a cream puff to put with the twins so at least we'd be in for some good hockey to watch for another 6 years, he did well at the world's playing with the twins and I could have sworn we'd just acquired a higher skilled Anson Carter, and then maybe, just maybe with the right additions, we'd have a outside shot at a cup run, then it happened, he scored into our net by accident, I can't say for sure that was it but then, all downhill from there, PLUS this, if one doesn't have the balls to just leave or change completely and it truly is more about the money more than the game, speaks volumes and that makes my blood boil! 

And I'll even bring it one closer, I listened to my first Canucks game on the radio in the car in 1974 and 2 things come to mind, 1.. No cup, yes an obvious one but it started to really sting with year after year of a cream puff team muscled out of the playoffs with no depth after selling the farm to get a roster which never works or super seldom.

2. IF someone asked me to take over this team in 2012 and offered 5-10 mil a season to do it, I'd have told whoever offered it go F themselves in as many ways possible, no way ever would I have done that with a salary cap and so many players locked in, I saw why MG did that and not forseeing a cap and  no more big money for  bigger tougher skilled players to protect the twins etc was doomed to fail and then to top it all off, a guy like LE shows up and quits... geeez !

So when you said there's no one who hates LE and want him gone more than you.. lol that's sooooo debatable!!! 

• Cheers 3