The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Duncan Keith, Tim Soderlund to Oilers for Caleb Jones, conditional 2022 3rd-round pick

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Dont they have someone good with contracts that concentrates on petey and quinns deals and benning focuses on trades?

I’m sure he’s doing both at once.

It would be nice to have the exact cap hit in place though. I’d imagine he plans on spending right up to the cap.

Soderlund was picked by San Jose with the pick that Vancouver got in the Goldobin for Hansen deal.

The Canucks then flipped that pick in the 2017 draft for the picks that got them the draft rights for Kristoffer Gunnarsson and Petrus Palmu.

Needless to say, the Oilers are still big losers in this trade.

56 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lol, win three rounds? That means they are in the Stanley Cup finals. Lol. Funniest thing I've heard all day. 

Exactly... three games, now that's perhaps achievable.  Three rounds was a waste of ink.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Exactly... three games, now that's perhaps achievable.  Three rounds was a waste of ink.

3 rounds...is that in 1 playoff set? or over 5 years?

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure he’s doing both at once.

It would be nice to have the exact cap hit in place though. I’d imagine he plans on spending right up to the cap.

I wish I had more confidence in Benning's managerial skills. He seems late to the party most times. Nothing statistical to prove that, just a feeling. 

Just now, bad alice french said:

I wish I had more confidence in Benning's managerial skills. He seems late to the party most times. Nothing statistical to prove that, just a feeling. 

For me this offseason will be the final verdict on Jet Black. That's probably the case for a lot of people. If he doesn't greatly overpay on UFAs and gets something reasonable in place for EP and QH, it'll do a lot for confidence in him.

• Upvote 1

Taking my animosity about Keith and the Oilers out of it…

The price is fine but that’s a steep cap hit with no retention for a guy pretty firmly past his best before date. 

I do think the Coil need to do whatever they can to inject what Keith brings leadership wise… and I’m at the part of my fandom that I’d be willing to swallow an Oiler/Keith win (maybe win a round or two) to see the fans who love quoting jfresh “1% war” graphs eat a little crow. 

• Vintage 1