The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Duncan Keith, Tim Soderlund to Oilers for Caleb Jones, conditional 2022 3rd-round pick

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's a good fit on the team... but no retention or cap going back...:lol::lol::lol:

Make me wonder. Was there really other teams interested? Keith had to waive his no trade to make this happen. Sounds like it was gonna be just for western Canada. Why wasn’t salary retained. Who the hell are they outbidding lol

Edited by Devron44
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's a good fit on the team... but no retention or cap going back...:lol::lol::lol:

Holland must have been getting nowhere with other GMs to go with this deal. I get it, with Klefnbom out long term they needed someone but eep, full pop for drunken Keith. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

of course he's a good fit on the Oilers...he's old, slow and expensive

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It was pretty much us (no need), Calgary (no need), Seattle (unlikely) and Edmonton (granted a good fit). 

I don't get it. How/why would you take that at full hit AND give up a young D (granted a expansion risk) AND a 3rd?!

I can only imagine the $&!# storm here if Benning has traded Juolevi and a 3rd for him at full cap :lol:

If Benning had made that deal he would have needed Secret Service protection to get out of Vancouver...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

It was pretty much us (no need), Calgary (no need), Seattle (unlikely) and Edmonton (granted a good fit). 

I don't get it. How/why would you take that at full hit AND give up a young D (granted a expansion risk) AND a 3rd?!

I can only imagine the $&!# storm here if Benning has traded Juolevi and a 3rd for him at full cap :lol:

It would have made more sense if Chicago was sending the draft pick.

Edmonton really taking a 38 year old at full pop AND shipping assets to do it.

• Vintage 1

The Oilers spent what little cap they had available before knowing what was available on the market.  This trade could have waited until before the season really, they werent competing against anyone.  An off year or an injury to McDavid or Draisaitl and the Oilers are in the lottery again.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1