The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Duncan Keith, Tim Soderlund to Oilers for Caleb Jones, conditional 2022 3rd-round pick

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rumour has it Edmonton is now targeting Seabrook to partner up with Keith.  McDavid apparently has okayed this trade as well...

well, there is a lot of game tape showing how well they play(ed) together ::D

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Keith turns 38 in 4 days :lol:, and his numbers have taken a drop the last couple years, definitely declining, but playing with McDavid will help a bit, but Edmonton is about 4 years to late on this one.

McDavid, without the puck, is a horrible player.  He will not help Kieth in the D part if the game.  Keith is used to guys like Toews, who play as hard without the puck than they do with it.  He’s in for a big surprise with the Soiler softies.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McDavid, without the puck, is a horrible player.  He will not help Kieth in the D part if the game.  Keith is used to guys like Toews, who play as hard without the puck than they do with it.  He’s in for a big surprise with the Soiler softies.  

I'm pretty sure if Keith gets on that PP at all his points will go up :ph34r:

This kind of deal aggravates me a bit. Oilers are such suckers for taking it. Basically, it allowed Chicago to offer that premium deal to Keith back in the day that was considered a couple years too long, and now they don’t have to pay any kind of consequences for it. The Oilers just slurp up Chicago’s sloppy seconds, and give Chicago a pick and player for it.  Honestly, what is Edmonton thinking? I’d have a fit if it was the Canucks making a deal like that.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, playboi19 said:

Holland's best days are behind him. Picking Zadina over Hughes proved that.

Zadina was considered a top 3 prospect in that draft. It was miracle that he fell to Detroit at all. They were very high on Hughes, but when a top 3 draft pick falls into your laps, you take it. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but 28 other GM’s would’ve done the same. (The two exceptions being Montreal and Arizona reaching for centers.) It looked like a MASSIVE steal for Detroit.

• Cheers 1

That is a surprisingly OK deal.

Not a fit for us, but Edmonton needs “something” and they need it fast.  Gamble on a guy that has been to the top of the mountain already and could help show the way.

Big gamble, but not a ton of options out there

7 minutes ago, Slegr said:

This kind of deal aggravates me a bit. Oilers are such suckers for taking it. Basically, it allowed Chicago to offer that premium deal to Keith back in the day that was considered a couple years too long, and now they don’t have to pay any kind of consequences for it. The Oilers just slurp up Chicago’s sloppy seconds, and give Chicago a pick and player for it.  Honestly, what is Edmonton thinking? I’d have a fit if it was the Canucks making a deal like that.

The only way I can understand this move, is bringing in a winning pedigree and a highly successful dman throughout his career. They are acquiring his veteran experience to maybe help shape the inexperience on the back end. Because right now their blueline is veerrrry young and for the most part inexperienced. I think there is a lot that can be learned from Keith, like how to be a scum bag

3 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Zadina was considered a top 3 prospect in that draft. It was miracle that he fell to Detroit at all. They were very high on Hughes, but when a top 3 draft pick falls into your laps, you take it. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but 28 other GM’s would’ve done the same. (The two exceptions being Montreal and Arizona reaching for centers.) It looked like a MASSIVE steal for Detroit.

But it ended up being a MASSIVE steal fir us and a HUGE mistake for Detroit.  

The Wings have one piece of their rebuild.