The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Wild buying out Ryan Suter and Zach Parise

mll

• mll changed the title to [Report] Wild buying out Ryan Suter and Zach Parise

Report: Wild to buy out Parise, Suter
https://www.tsn.ca/1.1667311.1626191274

This is crazy if true!  Saves cap this year but costs almost the full ticket next few years.

Do they have young guys they just don’t want to lose in expansion because those NMC are taking up slots or are they just going full rebuild?

Some contending team is going to get those guys for almost nothing.  Imagine Tampa getting rid of expensive players and slotting in these two for $1 million each as depth players?

Parise would look really good as cheap middle did forward on Bo’s wing but I don’t see him wanting to come here as he will have better choices.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

• Provost changed the title to Wild Buying out Suter and Parise
  • Provost changed the title to [Report] Wild Buying out Suter and Parise

At the end of the season Guerin said he didn't think he'd need to ask Parise or Suter to waive their NMCs for expansion - guess it's now clear why.  Dumba trade talks can now stop.

The buyout cap hits are ugly after next season.  There's nearly no cap gain other than in year 1.  Their current cap hit is 7.538M.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I understand buying out Praise more then Suter. Those buyouts hurt wow. Good for this year and that’s it. One of them could have ended up on LTIR cause of their age but they have guaranteed themselves plugged up cap space for the next 4 years 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Minny on the rebuild.. or are they doing this to bring in Eichel this season then figure it out from there. A combo of Eichel kaprizov sounds filthy.

I saw somewhere Kaprizov rejected 9 x 8 years 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Provost said:

Report: Wild to buy out Parise, Suter
https://www.tsn.ca/1.1667311.1626191274

This is crazy if true!  Saves cap this year but costs almost the full ticket next few years.

Do they have young guys they just don’t want to lose in expansion because those NMC are taking up slots or are they just going full rebuild?

Some contending team is going to get those guys for almost nothing.  Imagine Tampa getting rid of expensive players and slotting in these two for $1 million each as depth players?

Parise would look really good as cheap middle did forward on Bo’s wing but I don’t see him wanting to come here as he will have better choices.

thinking NYI get them.