The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks have made offers to UFAs Alex Edler and Travis Hamonic

Just now, N4ZZY said:

definition of insantiy isn't it? 

doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result? 

Don’t worry! I do insanity at work all the time basically a professional, we just keep doing the same thing over and over and it never a changes and it’s fine…. Wait a minute.. 

I'd say either incredibly team friendly deals or bust. 1 year $1.5 mil max for eagle, 3 years $2.5 m max for hamonic. 

I like both guys, but I agree with those saying change/improvement is needed, so if the team isn't getting a hellofa deal, let them walk. even if you get shut out of the big names in the ufa/trade market, replacing them with plugs for a year doesn't present enough of a drop-off in quality imo to justify spending more on those guys. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If Edler is above 3M 

Not good cap wise. We need a bona-fide big hitter back there. Lot of ufa options towards that. 

There really is no rush to sign Edler. He wants to stay here. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1

Find it very hard to really say too much about last year short of Hoglander being a success. 
Young team that essentially had no practice time after some pretty significant changes to the D. 
that being said need to make more changes than just more Rathbone and Julolevi. 

Edited by DrJockitch

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Zero issue with this, the team has 3 NHL defensemen under contract. Edler is severely underrated and is still a serviceable veteran. Hamonic would be a bonus and that still leaves room for the team to add depth for the upcoming season. I bet you see an immediate shift in utilizing the defense with Shaw on board as well.

Let see what the contract values come in at. Likely won’t be official until after ED anyway due to exposure.

Both big bodies that can contribute and already know what you’re going to get.  Maybe something in the works with Schmidt as well and a Savard or something (Cernak please!) coming in as replacement. Would be nice to see an upgraded D this year but may just have to limp through until next year when there’s more freedom to manoeuvre.