The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks have made offers to UFAs Alex Edler and Travis Hamonic

5 minutes ago, 2009cupchamps said:

I know it will take more but with Jones uncertainty of resigning it will be hard to get teams to give up to much. 

Van: Jones

Columbus: Schmitt, Rathbone and a conditional 1st if he re-signs. 

Hughes Hamonic

UFA/Edler Jones 

Joulevi Myers

UFA/Edler Chafield 

cn we all agree to just stop with the Jones proposals?  He's 100% not coming to Van.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Phil_314 said:

Depending on the price, I might prefer to bring in Suter instead.  Haven't seen him much this year but I'd bet he has more left in the tank than Edler.
Of course, we'd need to sign Hughes and Petey first, but if there's enough room, he and Schmidt would be a strong big minute pairing.

We know we can get Edler.  Suter coming here would take extra money and term.  

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Depending on the price, I might prefer to bring in Suter instead.  Haven't seen him much this year but I'd bet he has more left in the tank than Edler.
Of course, we'd need to sign Hughes and Petey first, but if there's enough room, he and Schmidt would be a strong big minute pairing.

and Suter would come to Van?

Just now, 2009cupchamps said:

Conditional 1st if he re-signs. 

I'd prefer not to sell so low on Schmidt (AND Rathbone) for an asset in Jones which may have inflated value due to the potential bidding war.
Rather just let him him UFA or offer something else besides the 1st and Jack. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 2009cupchamps said:

Why would you say that. If we offer the best package for a one year player before he’s a UFA. You must be related to him to know what he wants. 

Petey, 1st + would be the minimum asking price to even be remotely close to being in the mix

Just now, Phil_314 said:

I'd prefer not to sell so low on Schmidt (AND Rathbone) for an asset in Jones which may have inflated value due to the potential bidding war.
Rather just let him him UFA or offer something else besides the 1st and Jack. 

I wouldn’t say sell lie. We only paid a third for Schmit so it’s basically a 3rd and Rathbone. I think that’s low. 

Just now, Phil_314 said:

You never know, if Benning picks up the phone there's at least the possibility.

and if they let eddie and Hampnic walk and we find out suter doesn't want to come to Van?  Then what?  At this point in the rebuild, they are better with the devils they know

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

So... we're gonna roll with the same D core as last year?  Ok...

I don't get it myself. 

So if there were 6 dman last year, I am willing to bet 43 returns...so does Myers.

Just bad as there isn't much room for change.

Edited by Chris12345

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

and if they let eddie and Hampnic walk and we find out suter doesn't want to come to Van?  Then what?  At this point in the rebuild, they are better with the devils they know

I never said don't contact them, my priority list after EP and QH would probably be 1) get Hamonic locked up, 2) try to sign Suter depending on his asking price and 3) contact Edler around the same time as Suter [keep him as a backup option unless they trust Juolevi, which I'd be open to].

Edler in particular is at the point in his career where I hope they don't circle back to him (just like when Burr was traded to Ottawa or Hansen to SJ, there comes a time for veterans to get moved, and that's when they've slowed).