The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buying a white Canucks jersey

Rate this topic

whcanuck

Hey guys

So I’m considering getting the Canucks road white jersey, since I already have a blue one. I’ve heard negative things about owning a white jersey, that their propensity to get dirty easily is a big deterrent for many. I happen to like the white jersey a lot & I still wish the home team wore white like they did pre-2003.

What do you guys think? Too risky or good idea?

• Like 1

I have an original (bought in the era, not as a 'throwback' or 'retro') white spaghetti skate jersey and I love it.  Being original it's pretty old now but it's held up very,  very well. If you like the white just get it and enjoy it.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

White is easy to clean, you just need to use some bleach.  It's actually easier to clean than the blue jersey because bleach only works on white clothing.

Just make sure it has the #40 on the back with the name "Pettersson" on it...  :)

All good points! I’d either get Pettersson or Hughes. I like them both equally so it’s a very tough call. Bo Horvat might be my favorite player so he’s in the mix too!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

I have an original (bought in the era, not as a 'throwback' or 'retro') white spaghetti skate jersey and I love it.  Being original it's pretty old now but it's held up very,  very well. If you like the white just get it and enjoy it.  

Ditto, but I gave it to my son. Pretty sure he still has it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sassbs said:

over it monday GIF by Michelle Porucznik

So you want to buy a white jersey? Is it so you can wave it and surrender to a another possible disappointing season 

Go cheer for another team man .... get this garbage out of here.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

On 7/13/2021 at 6:09 PM, whcanuck said:

Hey guys

So I’m considering getting the Canucks road white jersey, since I already have a blue one. I’ve heard negative things about owning a white jersey, that their propensity to get dirty easily is a big deterrent for many. I happen to like the white jersey a lot & I still wish the home team wore white like they did pre-2003.

What do you guys think? Too risky or good idea?

I don’t get why they haven’t switched back to white at home. It gets so tiresome of constantly seeing blue vs white every game at home. I want to see the visiting teams different colours each home game. I seem to recall bettman saying they were only going to do the darks at home for one year. I wonder why they never switched back? 

As for getting a white jersey....do it. I think it looks great and as far as it getting dirty, I’ve hever really had a big problem with my white ones.  You can always get it clean anyways. I feel we need more white jerseys represented at the games and out in public. 

4 hours ago, linden17 said:

I don’t get why they haven’t switched back to white at home. It gets so tiresome of constantly seeing blue vs white every game at home. I want to see the visiting teams different colours each home game. I seem to recall bettman saying they were only going to do the darks at home for one year. I wonder why they never switched back? 

As for getting a white jersey....do it. I think it looks great and as far as it getting dirty, I’ve hever really had a big problem with my white ones.  You can always get it clean anyways. I feel we need more white jerseys represented at the games and out in public. 

I prefer colour at home - it means you get to see the wall of colour for that team, blue for Canucks, red for flames etc, makes it look better imho. That said I don’t see the need for it to be colour jersey vs white jersey, let teams have 3 strips and the home team gets priority then you just change if their is a clash, or if it’s only a shorts/pants clash then change those. 

would be good to see some more colours out there. Plus if a team wants to use white it can be part of their identity rather than just the generic white 

• Cheers 1