The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farm team name, brand and logo reveal

-SN-

^^  I saw that jersey idea - the best ones yet. Wish I could buy one. These would fly off the shelves. Why can't the Canucks use these as their jerseys? Then maybe those Abbotsford ones would make more sense.

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

^^  I saw that jersey idea - the best ones yet. Wish I could buy one. These would fly off the shelves. Why can't the Canucks use these as their jerseys? Then maybe those Abbotsford ones would make more sense.

I know right!? Was concepted back in 2018 too, oh well maybe one day we get that colour scheme back but seems unlikely under this ownership. They seem to love the whale too...saving me $$ from buying merchandise is all I will say. Would buy a lot more if it was something like the above colour scheme/logo

'We are currently hard at work with our partners at CCM putting the finishing touches on a jersey.'

this after they released the jersey

not sure what the finishing touches would be. there are quite a few tweeaks they could do, for eg: the old steel blades would look better.

mabbe a circle around logo

mabbe a dead whale for shoulder patch

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2021 at 9:40 PM, PositionOfPower said:

Seriously what is this??? Also why the heck is the logo off center near the top? Should have gone with the avaitor logo or the millionaires v but upside down with abbotsford printed on it. Would have looked more simple stylish and fierce. Why the heck do canucks jerseys all have to look soft including the orca don't they know outer appearance also plays a big part psychologically on the opponent. (research backs it up)

I like it with a border of some kind. 

Screenshot_20210709_061015.jpg

• Cheers 3

On 7/15/2021 at 5:49 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Anyone watch Donnie and Dhali today? They posted this picture, I think it looks great!

vancouver canucks — Concepts — icethetics.co

On 7/15/2021 at 6:15 PM, NUCKER67 said:

That is razor-sharp. Would be one of the most popular in North American pro sports and a red-hot seller.$$$$$

• Like 1

10 hours ago, granpappy said:

'We are currently hard at work with our partners at CCM putting the finishing touches on a jersey.'

this after they released the jersey

not sure what the finishing touches would be. there are quite a few tweeaks they could do, for eg: the old steel blades would look better.

mabbe a circle around logo

mabbe a dead whale for shoulder patch

Maybe they're hearing the feed back and tweaking it so people can stop freaking out and enjoy hockey. I wish life would just be great and we'd have the perfect logo and we would win everything. And the logo would be what everyone wants. 

I remember once helping a nine year old with her art project and getting frustrated becuase she just wasn't listening to me at all. It turns out she is gifted and the project turned way better than if I would have done it. The moral is beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't get mad because someone drew a picture differently than you wanted. You don't own the team. It's what inside that counts.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

12 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Maybe they're hearing the feed back and tweaking it so people can stop freaking out and enjoy hockey. I wish life would just be great and we'd have the perfect logo and we would win everything. And the logo would be what everyone wants. 

I remember once helping a nine year old with her art project and getting frustrated becuase she just wasn't listening to me at all. It turns out she is gifted and the project turned way better than if I would have done it. The moral is beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't get mad because someone drew a picture differently than you wanted. You don't own the team. It's what inside that counts.

you're right, i'll try and keep it together

On 7/14/2021 at 11:15 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

The Axe would have been a great name actually, and would perfectly tie in to Johnny Canuck's favored murder weapon of choice. 

the axe? the deodrant? no thanks, am glad they went with Canucks name and johhny canucks logo for continuity instead of a stupid name lol

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2021 at 11:29 AM, Squamfan said:

Hot Garbage

Not surprised that the cheap owner went this route since he had these laying round in a garbage dumpster at Rogers arena. 

https://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/11/21/canucks-freak-out-vancouver-with-green-fashion-jersey

How is being environmenfally friendly and using the canucks name cheap when 5 other NHL teams have done the same. I rather have the Canucks name instead of some other stupid name that would probably make people on this board whine. Majority are happy, unless you dont like the  Canucks lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2021 at 1:39 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

You just quoted Squamfam which is all you need to know.  That jersey looks photoshopped.  The logo is completely off centre which is the telling sign.  The Canucks never used it and it was never for sale.  

Identity Crisis: A Comprehensive History of Vancouver Canucks Jerseys | Derek Woo

That was an actual reebok jersey that was sold a few years back 

7 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

That was an actual reebok jersey that was sold a few years back 

No it wasn’t. It was a knock off. The Canucks have never used the Johnny Canuck as a primary logo…

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/canucks-reverse-retro-jersey-which-throwback-will-they-wear-2819049

The Canucks have incorporated Johnny Canuck into a few different jerseys as a shoulder patch, but have never worn it as a primary logo on a jersey in the NHL. 

Maybe this will mean the big club moves away from the cartoon logger?

Though I thought it would have been prefect for Abby, It would be so cool if the big club created an alternate/3rd that incorporates the Aviator ....put that in the black, red, yellow colour scheme.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. 

Wonder if there is  a mock up out there...

1 hour ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

When they say the white is an alternate, do they mean an actual alternate (3rd)? Or alternate to home, (away)?

I believe that is the road jersey, I think I like the white one better than the green one.

On 7/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

No it wasn’t. It was a knock off. The Canucks have never used the Johnny Canuck as a primary logo…

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/canucks-reverse-retro-jersey-which-throwback-will-they-wear-2819049

The Canucks have incorporated Johnny Canuck into a few different jerseys as a shoulder patch, but have never worn it as a primary logo on a jersey in the NHL. 

They sold them at the team store but have never used it as an official jersey. I know because when I went and saw Toronto a few years back I pointed out how awful that jersey looked.