The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Farm team name, brand and logo reveal

-SN-

Just now, EternalCanuckFan said:

I guess they really want to go with the Canucks brand development.

Don't mind it.  Would have preferred another name but at least it's known now.

One might argue they've been building an AHL Canucks brand for a few years already. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here is the logo:

E6RfMe2UUAAQ4qn?format=jpg&name=large

If this is the case, would have hoped the Canucks art department would have developed a different Johnny Canuck logo.  Just my opinion, but this one is too cartoonish.  I can't take it seriously.  The Vancouver Giants lumberjack logo is far more appropriate for a professional hockey team. 

EDIT:

Like that it's the Canucks...creates continuity with the parent club, and as Dhali has mentioned, the Players Agents/Players apparently like it because it creates a closer tie for the players to the NHL Canucks.  If this adds even 5% more motivation for the players in Abbotsford (not saying that it will, as ALL AHL players are motivated to make it to the show), I'm all for it.

Love the Johnny Canuck concept, but I don't like the logo (would have preferred a more "angry" lumberjack...as originally stated, IMO, the Johnny Canuck as is, is too cartoonish for my liking.  As far as color schemes go, not too sure what to think about it.  I'm not a big fan of all the green, but again, just an opinion.   

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Cheers 2